Notary Rotary
Admin Day
Notary Discussion History

Admin Day
Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 8/28/13 12:36pm
Msg #482367

Admin Day

Do you find it best to set a specific day to invoice, make collection calls, order supplies, or handle bookkeeping or other necessary tasks (like training--uugghh)?

Is the frame of mind you're in important?

Has anyone ever used a virtual assistant?

I know the current slowdown doesn't call for as much planning (certainly not any extra expenses)

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 8/28/13 1:17pm
Msg #482371

No I don't set aside admin day. It's taken care of as the work comes in meaning from downloading the loan package to invoicing. All other necessities such as supplies, collection calls are handled between closings. It all gets done and I'm of sound mind. At least as sound at it can be in this business, the yoyo.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 8/28/13 1:51pm
Msg #482374

I also do all the administrative stuff with each file the same day its signed. Except for invoicing those that require it the next day. I know from experience when I am busy that those tasks can get out of hand and if finished each day I don't have them hanging over my head.

As for the other items, ordering, marketing etc are done when it is slower..I am of sound mind 99% of the time so I can handle just about whatever comes my way..Except spiders..lol

Reply by notary4az2 on 8/28/13 3:04pm
Msg #482382

I do the completion reporting, printing, invoicing and payments as they come in as well. I like the work kept up and not lagging behind and it helps my reputation (that I am on top of my business) in the industry because of that. I also find that invoicing quickly will keep my cash flow going.

I try to do any ordering, marketing and reading of materials as they come in but some days prohibit me from doing that and so it does get pushed to a slower day or weekend (Sundays). I thought about hiring a virtual assistant when business was crazy but the slow down has me rethinking that idea. I only lose my mind when I cannot get docs on time..LOL!!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/28/13 10:13pm
Msg #482427

I just wondered how many "go back to the office" to finish up faxing, invoicing, etc.

I find that my completion reports are handled at day's end (when I'm not in the best mood 'cause I just want to Relax).

I generally have stacks of office receipts, biz cards I've acquired while in daily activity - that somehow get "stuck" in the bottom of my notary bag. I even tried using my Neat Receipts - but It wasn't very useful in helping me "mend my ways."

Now, my account spreadsheet is a whole different story: I enter it all in immediately, generally when the confirmation comes in. I can see at a glance how much - or how little - is expected, along with the slow payers Frown

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.