Notary Rotary
Airbill says bill sender.....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by MSFlorida on 8/29/13 1:12pm
Msg #482489

I was sent a Airbill showing my name and address as sender and of course the Title company name as the receiver. But the air bill says to bill the sender. What does that mean to you??

I asked the Title company to send over new airbill showing bill the receiver or put their names on there as sender and receiver. The response I got was they used their account # so it doesn't matter?? I don't trust Fed Ex to know the difference what would you do?

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/29/13 1:18pm
Msg #482490

I had that happen to me once. It said bill sender. I called the TC. I got the same answer as you did. I nver had a problem.

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/29/13 1:22pm
Msg #482492

I've seen that and never had a problem, but it does make me nervous, too.

Reply by Luckydog on 8/29/13 6:53pm
Msg #482550

Cross it out and initial the change. If it doesn't matter so they say, should not be an issue.
I hate that when they use my name on any airbill. It should be the buyer's, as is their package and you are doing a service for them, not yourself.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/29/13 3:18pm
Msg #482513

problem for me w/fedex. I had copy of airbill showing their

account number yet I was charged. fedex employee suggested I always put receiver as sender when they are being billed.

Reply by rolomia on 8/29/13 6:00pm
Msg #482535

That's when I fill out new airbill, avail. at most dropboxes

Either the TC sends me a prepaid label or the airbill gets rewritten. I keep a supply on hand for this very reason. TC's aren't dumb. But, they're hoping that you are. They know what they're doing. But, as long as you know what you are doing, as well, it shouldn't be an issue. Of course, I don't work for the TC or SS who pull such tactics. JMHO

Reply by MikeC/TX on 8/29/13 6:54pm
Msg #482552

What usually happens in these cases is that the sender is the TC - they print both the original and return label, and get billed for both shipments. It's an option you have when you create an online label, and it's confusing, but MOST of the time it's legit.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.