Notary Rotary
Amazing Grace...
Notary Discussion History

Amazing Grace...
Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 8/16/13 3:46pm
Msg #480727

Amazing Grace...

that was me this morning at my first signing. I don't know how I did it, I would have made you all PROUD.

I arrive at 10:45am, and soon two more notaries arrive at the branch. Turns out there are three packages with three different notaries assigned. The third one to arrive says "I'm on my lunch hour so I need to sign him up and get outta here." REALLY! The first one says, "I'm in no hurry, I can go third."

I go second, while I'm sitting there wondering how long the lunch hour notary will take, I'm listening to a bunch of small talk, ready to jump out of my chair and say, "please, don't chat the borrower up", but I remained calm, she took 20 minutes.

MY TURN: we go to another cubicle, my signing takes 11 minutes, no small talk, just point and sign, as the borrower says, I've done this 1000 times, don't explain anything to me. I'm on my lunch hour too.

I had the foresight to ask the LO, who was completely embarrassed at this event, if she had copies of borrower's Drivers License in her file, so we each were able to get this task completed even before sitting with the borrower.

Just thought I'd let you all know that sometimes, as perfect and on time as we all can be, sometimes snafus arise we absolutely have no control over, and this was one of them. Although underwriting was told to schedule all three of these with me, that's not what transpired, and the LO was hot!

By the way, notary no. 1 had to return to the borrower for signatures on the HUD and initials on one of the rider documents.

Of course, mine was perfect. I made it to my noon signing actually 15 minutes early. And my BP, well, it didn't go any where and I can't figure out why!

Hope the rest of the day is better than the way it began.

Just call me AMAZING GRACE! I can do it.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 8/16/13 4:16pm
Msg #480730

Sweet.... :-) n/m

Reply by MikeC/TX on 8/16/13 6:52pm
Msg #480735

"I had the foresight to ask the LO, who was completely embarrassed at this event, if she had copies of borrower's Drivers License in her file, so we each were able to get this task completed even before sitting with the borrower."

CA allows you to use copies of a license to ID an individual? I would think that the state with the strictest ID requirements would expect you to put your hands on the actual document.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/16/13 7:40pm
Msg #480745

Copies of D/L's...as in to return with the file.

I would bet dollars to donuts she ID'd from the original, but used the LO's copy to make copies for returning with the package.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/16/13 8:01pm
Msg #480750

I think you misread or were mislead, MikeC. I would guess that in the interest of time (the borrower was on her lunch hour) and the fact that she was being circulated among 3 notaries, all of whom had to log her in and get her t-print, signature, etc., that anything 101 could get done ahead of time while waiting her turn was good. And that included using the LOs file copies of the ID instead of making it herself.

Of course CA does not allow notaries to use copies of ID to identify signers! Tho there have been a few signers in my life who tried to get me to do exactly that. LOL

Reply by 101livescan on 8/16/13 9:28pm
Msg #480763

Copies of photo id required by lender. Also saw real enchilada. Not to be hypercritical notary #1 wore jeans. I could have offered to go first whole she returned in more appropriate attire.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/16/13 11:41pm
Msg #480774

Yikes! She wore jeans ....

to a signing at a bank? I know it's casual Friday, but ..... so much for dress codes!

Reply by linda/ca on 8/17/13 2:56am
Msg #480787

Seem to have been a "Good cover-up" to Mike/TX question....

lol!

Reply by MW/VA on 8/16/13 8:49pm
Msg #480754

That's an interesting story. Yes, very embarrassing for the

LO at the bank to have 3 different notaries deal with one borrower. Talk about "awkward".
Sounds like you handled it with your usual professionalism, Cheryl. ;-)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.