Notary Rotary
Beware of Silk Title/Silk Abstract
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Shoshana/AZ on 8/20/13 12:55pm
Msg #481185

They will not pay even travel and print fees for a no sign/no show. The agreed upon fee was not on the confirmation. This was potentially 40+ miles each way.
Folks, when the fee is not on the confirmation, that is a RED FLAG! Always ask questions!

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 8/20/13 1:02pm
Msg #481189

Their email confirmations are not like many of the other signing services I've worked for. It is an actual email but the agreed upon fee is in the email. I had to really look for it, which did bother me. I just completed a signing for them, so I'll be sure to report back if I have any problems getting paid.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/20/13 1:04pm
Msg #481190

They asked me to backdate their mistake....the check has cleared now, so I don't care. when you asked a while back when they called you, I told you I had posted my experience.

Msg #479564

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/20/13 2:48pm
Msg #481234

I always request a revised confirmation citing

the agreed fee when it's missing from the confirmation. And if this is a problem for the company then I tell them the appointment is not considered booked until I receive that revised confirmation.

I worked for Silk a few years ago - don't recall any issues or problems. Apparently they've changed.

Reply by Jack/AL on 8/20/13 2:56pm
Msg #481237

If the fee doesn't show, I don't go! n/m

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 8/22/13 12:12pm
Msg #481545

Re: If the fee doesn't show, I don't go!

I recently did a job for them on 8/7 and received a check on 8/21. No hand holding, no fax backs, the docs were on time and they were a pleasure to deal with.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.