Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Can a PREVIEW mode w/ suggested posts be added to the forum?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by rolomia on 8/6/13 7:14am
Msg #479354

Idea: add a preview button that shows the post author what their post will look like prior to submission. But, more importantly, combine said preview with spelling correction, a keyword pane with posts/threads related to submission and a gentle reminder that prospective post author should review the keyword-related posts shown in a side-panel, especially if said prosp. post auth. is a newbie. I, for one, would happily volunteer an hour each week to work on the development of this. Of course, this is just an idea. If my post offends anybody here, I apologize in advance. JMHO

Reply by MW/VA on 8/6/13 8:58am
Msg #479363

Might be a good idea. It's been brought up before that there's no way to go back & edit a post once we hit that "enter" button.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/6/13 9:40am
Msg #479372

It is called proofreading....just a moment to do it. n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 8/6/13 9:50am
Msg #479373

Re: It is called proofreading....just a moment to do it.

Also, there is an auto correct feature here - a squiggly red line under the word shows one that they have misspelled something. Again, must proofread, or at least scan, what was written.

I am the world's worst typist yet I manage to not have too many misspelled words here. Reason: I take to heart the comments about SS's and TC's reading here and noticing these details. Do some of my errors slip through? Of course, but how I present myself is important to me, therefore, I try a bit harder in this endeavor. Anyone can, but they have to care. Apparently, some do not, even though they present themselves as doing error free signings.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 8/6/13 11:33am
Msg #479378

I'm pretty sure any squiggly lines under misspelled words is a feature of one's browser, not a feature of Notary Rotary.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/6/13 4:53pm
Msg #479414

I tried to find that on my Firefox settings but didn't see it. I think, though, it might have more to do with your pc operating system. (I have Windows 7.) I remember somewhere choosing "yes" for activating spell check on my system and it seems to work on everything, including posts here and all my emails. Or could it be a function of MS Office? I also have a vague recollection of selecting Word as my default editor.

BTW, I also have the grammar check activated. Wonderful features! They've saved me from potential embarrassment (oops, almost spelled that wrong... Wink) more times than I can count!

Reply by VT_Syrup on 8/7/13 1:20am
Msg #479487

In Firefox, click on Tools near the top of the page. Then choose Options. Click the Advanced Icon, and then the General tab. Under Browsing there is a checkbox for "Check my spelling as I type".

It's easy to tell who my friends are; they're the ones who have their names added to my Word, Firefox, Google, and Emacs dictionaries.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.