Notary Rotary
Cheaters Never Win
Notary Discussion History

Cheaters Never Win
Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 8/5/13 9:03am
Msg #479254

Cheaters Never Win

"Being a part of the problem" was mentioned below (about giving advice). I know how hard it must be for seasoned agents with a real investment in their 'craft' to ignore comments like the one I found on LI:

"I realize NONE of these answers are correct but what I'm asking is what u would mark"

PLAIN AS DAY. This is the finest example of fraudulent behavior I've witnessed to date.
I was not able to hold back my comment and posted accordingly. It is not at all about being "mean" - just not standing by and without saying what must be said (avoiding a supercilious air if possible).

It took self-control but I hope I made the post relevant and helpful to that Poster and others on that site.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/5/13 9:19am
Msg #479255

I find I give very little credence to the information

and advice posted on LI...anyone who thinks the newbie posts here are bad should spend a day there...I'm constantly amazed by posts there by notaries about what they do and/or how they do it, It's the blind leading the blind over there (a/k/a the newbie leading the newbie)

JMO

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/5/13 9:48am
Msg #479257

Re: I find I give very little credence to the information

depends on where you are in the forum (I see many posts where seasoned notaries chime in)

Reply by Notarysigner on 8/5/13 10:14am
Msg #479258

I just read your answer THERE, very good but I'm sure now of those posters there realize who you are talking to. LOL

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/5/13 10:18am
Msg #479259

Stop multi-tasking, James!

Reply by pat/WA on 8/5/13 11:54am
Msg #479262

LI?

Sorry but what is LI?

Reply by ananotary on 8/5/13 11:56am
Msg #479263

LinkedIn n/m

Reply by PegiT_MN on 8/5/13 1:28pm
Msg #479272

No Offense Or Anything......

....but why are we bringing the drama of LI over to the Notary Rotary board? Keep that crap over there. What happens over on LI should stay over on LI. I'm not trying to be mean.......just sayin'.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/5/13 2:41pm
Msg #479285

No offense taken

I wanted to give the "crap" credibility (only reason I "brought over here"); no one has to step into (or in it) if they don't want to

As for content of one online source over another: It's pretty much like the fleshy part of our bodies that we sit on. We've ALL got one (just like our opinions)

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/5/13 2:53pm
Msg #479287

Site opinions

Almost every blog or discussion forum will have its Opinions - but there's a lot of authentic info, along with real life experiences, too.

This site is no exception. In fact, the only thing we all agree on is our own state's requirements (NOT!) since those are regulated (official). I for one try to 'filter' out as much as I can in favor of the most credible; that's means quoting the Source (just the Journalist in me, I guess).

The testimony presented in support of the post is irrefutable (fortunately the impact will be mild enough so I won't need to seek asylum someplace else!)

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/5/13 2:54pm
Msg #479288

The journalist in me needs a PT proofreader (sigh) n/m

Reply by PegiT_MN on 8/5/13 6:54pm
Msg #479324

Thank you.

You have a lot of good things to contribute and that is why you should just stay here where we appreciate you. Let them keep their crap over there.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.