Notary Rotary
Compliance issues
Notary Discussion History

Compliance issues
Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Glenna Webb on 8/14/13 8:57pm
Msg #480542

Compliance issues

I received an email today that I needed to have compliance issues addressed.

There were two items, the first was the customer verification form. I used a medical card for the second form of ID. I have done this in the past. They want the borrower to provide a copy of said insurance.

The second thing was that there was a hold harmless letter that needed to be signed and notarized. I pulled up the documents that were originally printed and this document was not in the originals. I go through documents at least four times. The form didn't look familiar.

Then there is the note at the bottom that says to have the issues addressed and dated for the original closing date.

Just another day in paradise.
Glenna

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/14/13 9:54pm
Msg #480554

I hope you are charging for this GNW because at this point, that's what it is. Forms not part of the original order (i.e. hold harmless letter) and wanting you to collect a copy of the borrower's insurance instead of the medical card = one notarization, plus travel.

Reply by Glenna Webb on 8/14/13 10:55pm
Msg #480560

I did respond back to the company and haven't heard anything as of yet. I agree with you, it is GNW now. Thanks!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/15/13 12:49am
Msg #480561

And I hope you won't be backdating the Hold Harmless doc!

Reply by 101livescan on 8/15/13 8:21am
Msg #480564

Been there, done that!

Asked to go back and get document signed that "I failed to have signed"....what, where, how. After going page by page through everything, that little document that I failed to have signed was nowhere to be found in my emails, I was on the road home. I told the LO that I didn't have it and I would be back in town the next day and be happy to return to the hospital where the client was recuperating and get his signature then. Apparently it was holding up funding, so the lo tripped over to the hospital, didn't require notarization. End of month drama, but not mine! I let them deal with it.

Like, trying to pull a fast one on the sweet little lady notary who isn't that daft.

Have to laugh at what they pull out of the hat at the last minute.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/15/13 9:43pm
Msg #480667

Re: Been there, done that!

Way to go!

The last time I got one of those calls about a missing doc, it was for a document that WAS included in the package. I asked them to please look around again, because there was no reason for me to have separated that page out of the middle of a set of documents and I was sure the borrowers had signed it. (It was notarized and in my journal.) This priceless gem of a closing agent did just that, and found it with a group of other documents that had been pulled for action. (It got caught up with another document when they were processing the package.)

She then actually took the time to call me back to let me know!! (It pays to be nice when having these discussions, doesn't it! Smile) I wish there were more like her out there!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.