Notary Rotary
Contact the Title Companies directly?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by sp/MI on 8/29/13 1:51pm
Msg #482499

Is it better to just contact the Title companies directly? I have found consistently the SSs I do work with are lowering their fees to a point I can not accept the assignments because they do not cover my expenses, let alone give me a profit. Do they not realize we need to make a profit?

My hubby just started a new job where another worker's wife is a CSA. He claimed she is getting anywhere between $75 to $300 per signings and does 5 per day.... for HUD? I said, get me her name and number! Although I cannot profit from $75 per, I could definitely use another contact.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/29/13 3:34pm
Msg #482517

I hope you just mean to find someone to network with in case they have any overflow - not that you'd ask her for her contacts...

Reply by Jack/AL on 8/29/13 4:32pm
Msg #482520

To answer your question, YES. Title companies tend to pay sooner, with more reliability, and it is my opinion that most are honest and more likely to stay in business and not cheat you of any pay due. Some TCs do their own scheduling, while some use SSs, and some do a mixture of both. If you contact a TC which does not do the scheduling, they'll gladly tell you which SS does it for them.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/29/13 5:16pm
Msg #482527

Janet makes a good point. Hopefully the TCs you'd be contacting would be your Own clients, not the SS' or someone else's.

What annoys me is I've had occasion to work for SS/Title to find out the TC name looked familiar. Why not? It's nearly up the street and I marketed to them already (and got their email to prove); the SS in the meanwhile called from somewhere in the mid-west. Time for more aggressive marketing methods.

Reply by Jana Miller on 8/29/13 5:40pm
Msg #482533

I just mailed out a marketing package to around 30 escrow companies that are OUT of my area but close loans IN my area. (through research) I've already received a few calls since last Monday when they all probably received it. I just did 2 today from 2 separate escrow companies. It took a total of 3 hours for the both, but billed 300.00. SSs I would have made 160.00 total. 80.00 each IF I was lucky. It cost 105.00 to send them all off but worth it. I want to get my foot in their door to use me all of the time. I think with me the more I get my name out there the more I get the calls. Plus I was told by a "friend" of a friend that the SSs charge the title companies a lot more than what we would charge. So it would make sense for them to use us instead. That's what I am trying to "sell" to them. Its not going to happen just sitting and waiting for calls which I know none of us are doing. I just made up my mind that I just don't want to have someone say my services are only worth 60-80.00 a signing. WE ARE WORTH SO MUCH MORE. WE CAN DO IT. Keep at it.

Reply by ananotary on 8/29/13 6:32pm
Msg #482540

Good for you!!! Marketing is the only way to succeed. Any

Solid business owner knows that.

Btw, no disrespect, but 80.00 for a closing is only what you get if you allow that. I wouldn't start my car for a loan signing paying that much.

Reply by Jana Miller on 8/29/13 6:41pm
Msg #482543

Re: Good for you!!! Marketing is the only way to succeed. Any

Which is why I DO NOT do signing companies. Period. I did when I started but only a few. My car knows better than to start for 80 bucks. LOL!!!!

Reply by ananotary on 8/29/13 6:45pm
Msg #482545

Oh good!! Lol!! I do have lots of SS that I work for that

Pay much more than 80.00. They are there, just gotta find them. I find that they are good filler between my direct clients needs.

Reply by Luckydog on 8/29/13 6:50pm
Msg #482548

Re: Oh good!! Lol!! I do have lots of SS that I work for that

My SS pay more than that, typically $100.00 for my area within 15 miles. The majority of my work is from Bank owned properties,or refi's, and those title companies have a contract with the SS in large scale. They do not use independent closers. All the title companies locally have their own staff and do not need me. Would be nice to find that niche, but never would happen in S. Florida.

Reply by Jana Miller on 8/29/13 6:55pm
Msg #482553

Re: Oh good!! Lol!! I do have lots of SS that I work for that

Yep its a crap shoot. I got lucky I suppose. I saw one company pay 45.00 for signing. I would slap someone's face for accepting that. Not really slap. Must be different in each state obviously.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 8/29/13 8:39pm
Msg #482572

Jana--go ahead, slap the face..to bringthemtotheirsenses n/m

Reply by Bear900/CA on 8/29/13 11:17pm
Msg #482597

We'll sell t-shirts sayin' I SLAPPED OUISER BOUDREAUX! :) n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 8/29/13 11:26pm
Msg #482601

Re: We'll sell t-shirts sayin' I SLAPPED OUISER BOUDREAUX! :)

"Oh! He's a real gentleman! I bet he takes the dishes out of the sink before he PEES in it!"

Reply by jba/fl on 8/29/13 11:29pm
Msg #482602

Re: We'll sell t-shirts sayin' I SLAPPED OUISER BOUDREAUX! :)

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0016382/quotes

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/29/13 11:30pm
Msg #482603

I want mine to say,

I'm Pleasant, I've just been in a bad mood since I became a Notary signing agent!!

Reply by Bear900/CA on 8/30/13 2:51pm
Msg #482684

"Are you *high*, Clairee?" n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.