Notary Rotary
Does your journal fall apart?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Eric Andrist on 8/20/13 4:18pm
Msg #481251

I'm nearing the completion of my very first journal. This thing is falling apart. The cover has come unglued from the book itself and about 1/2 way through, the pages started falling out. I purchased a 2nd book (exactly the same thing) and I just opened it for the first time and the cover is already separating from the book.

I contacted the manufacturer and while he admitted to problems with the covers (he's sending me a new one), he said it was my fault that the pages were falling out as the books aren't meant to lay flat open while using them.

I'm not sure how I'd write in it when some of the information is so close to the center margin.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/20/13 4:22pm
Msg #481253

Eric, you need to get the hardcover notary journal that NotaryRotary sells. It is excellent qualitySmile

Reply by John/CT on 8/20/13 4:26pm
Msg #481255

Even the soft cover one works for me. Yes, excellent product n/m

Reply by ToniK on 8/20/13 4:28pm
Msg #481256

Never had that problem

I have been through 4 journals already. All bought here at NotRot. No complaints. I love my journals.

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 8/20/13 4:32pm
Msg #481258

I have used both the soft cover and hard cover journals from Notary Rotary, and I love them both. I prefer the hard cover because I do a lot of mobile notary work and there is not always a good flat surface. Did not have any problems with the soft cover one, though, just a personal preference.

My first journal was from that one organization that shall remain nameless...my pages became ungled at certain points although I don't recall problems with the cover.

Not meant to lay flat open. Pssh.

Reply by RonnieB/NC on 8/20/13 4:39pm
Msg #481260

No. I purchased my journals from Notary Rotary. The privacy shield I used usually curled up at the ends if I used other journals. They only fit the journal from NR best.

Reply by Gregory/CA on 8/20/13 4:59pm
Msg #481265

Eric,

If the manufacturer indicated to you that they are aware of the defect then I would simply ask for a refund and not have another one sent as it will just reproduce the same issues.

I cannot believe the manufacturer stated it was your “fault that the pages were falling out as the books aren't meant to lay flat open while using them”. Of course the book was meant to be laid out flat; how else would one write in it. It sounds like the book is not fit for the particular purpose it is to be used for and a new supplier is needed.

Like others, I have purchased from Notary Rotary (softcover) and have not had any issues.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 8/20/13 5:02pm
Msg #481266

Thanks all.

These are the Clearprint Journals where you can use the invisible thumbrprint ink which I really like. The signers seem to like having nothing on their thumbs as well.

I get them from notaryclasses dot com, but they're sold by Jim Ross insurance of El Dorado Hills California. He also sells notary insurance and bonds.

The hard journals sound great, but I'll miss the invisible ink!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/20/13 5:11pm
Msg #481272

I've been buying the hardcover journals from here for years, although I have a few softcover ones in my file cabinet, too. Never had any problems. I use the standard "ink" pads sold here for thumbprints, too, but I was told long ago by an old time notary that they're not really ink. They're wax - and that rubs right off.

I proved that to myself today, by accident. I somehow got a small bit of paper caught in my stamp and ended up getting stamp ink on my fingers while fixing it. I had to come home to wash my hands with a special compound to get it off, but the folks who gave me a thumbprint had no problems. Even though it might not be as "invisible" as whatever you're using, people I deal with are generally pleased when I tell them it's not really ink and they won't need to be walking around all day with a stain on their thumb.

BTW, with the Premier membership on this site, the journals and thumb printer pads are very reasonably priced.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 8/20/13 5:14pm
Msg #481274

Good to know....I'll check it out.

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/20/13 8:33pm
Msg #481318

I buy hardcover Cleanprint journals with the inkless thumbprinter - I found online. I used to buy journals from notaryclasses dot com but they stopped selling the hardcover journal - online had the soft cover journals. Email via my profile and I'll give you the site.

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/20/13 8:47pm
Msg #481319

*only* the soft cover journals n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.