Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Eaten alive - by fleas!! I feel like asking for hazard pay!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by HrdwrkrVA on 8/26/13 8:49pm
Msg #482032

Bad enough when BO want to allow their dogs to attack us - been there; done that - - never again!
I'm so PO'd...anyone have a clever/tactful way of saying..."Owww - sometin's chompin' on me!" I'm still scratching & so were they!!!

Reply by ikando on 8/26/13 8:59pm
Msg #482033

It may be too late for this round, but here's a recipe I found on Facebook. Haven't tried it yet, but it's chemical free, which makes it good for me.

HOME MADE MOSQUITO REPELLENT (ALSO FOR ANTS & FLEAS)
(And free from chemicals that poison the body)

Ingredients:

1/2 litre of alcohol
100 gram of whole cloves
100 ml of baby oil or similar (almond, sesame, chamomile, lavender, fennel etc)

Preparation:
Leave cloves to marinate in alcohol four days
Stir every morning and evening
After 4 days add the oil
It's now ready to use.

How to use:

Gently rub a few drops into the skin of the arms and legs.
Observe the mosquitoes fleeing the room.
Repels fleas on pets too.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/26/13 9:20pm
Msg #482034

I've also heard that Listerine (the old gold kind) works

as a repellent for mosquites & other pests.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 8/26/13 9:24pm
Msg #482036

Thanks! I will be picking these up FIRST THING in the am! n/m

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/26/13 9:29pm
Msg #482039

lol, I think I'd rather smell like cloves than listerine!

I am totally going to try that recipe!

Reply by sueharke on 8/26/13 11:00pm
Msg #482043

I use it and it works on my dog and killed a tick on me. So, go forward and make your own remedy for your ills <big smile>.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 8/27/13 2:03pm
Msg #482169

Ikando...then drink the alcohol... n/m

Reply by doglover/CA on 8/27/13 12:49am
Msg #482048

You can also use Skin So Soft from Avon.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/27/13 1:37am
Msg #482050

Simple, 100% guaranteed flea repellant

"I'm sorry, Mr. Borrower. I require more hygienic surroundings for my closings. What time would you like to meet me at Starbuck's?"

Reply by rolomia on 8/27/13 3:12am
Msg #482054

Even the most popular remedies only work partially well.

There is no reasonable solution to this issue. I've tried many natural, homeopathic, organic treatments. Most don't work. I will try the above recipe in combination with a belt-clipped electronic pest repeller and the harsh chemicals sprayed on my shoes, though. Maybe such a combination will provide some basic protection.

HisHughness' sarcastically-hilarious reply about Starbucks notwithstanding, I'm glad I don't live in Texas where he resides b/c I've heard that the mosquitos, ticks, chiggers (or, is that chicks and tiggers) and (sand)fleas down there are much more fierce than in Arkansas. Though, they are certainly bad enough here, too.

Regarding Starbucks: Even if there were more locations near clients, LC/TC/SS contract terms would prevent me from requesting that they meet me, there. Besides, over 90% of the locations that I drive to are out in the middle of nowhere. The nearest public meeting place is usually too far away for BO's to consider a reasonable drive.

Ultimately, though, I'm hoping to someday buy a fuel-efficient mini RV with a built-in table with bench seating and a restroom. Then, I can meet clients in my RV. No pets allowed. Of course, if the BO's have young children or consider their pets to be their kids, then, this idea won't work. But, it would solve many problems. I could ask that BO's not smoke. They'd have to dress properly to walk outside to my RV. If I needed to use the restroom, I wouldn't have to worry about an unflushed commode or other disgusting conditions. No roaches or dirty dishes on table.

I'm just glad that none of the BO's I've met with, so far, have it in for the lenders who I'm representing, lest the signing appt. be a ruse for said BO's to take revenge against said lender by hurting the NSA. I've read news stories about NSA's who were murdered. I'm always cautious. But, all the caution in the world cannot protect me from flea-infested, tick-laden chigger farms if said insects have developed immunity to ALL natural and chemical remedies. JMHO

Reply by bagger on 8/27/13 6:10am
Msg #482060

Buggins

Made in England, available at Menard's
This stuff works!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.