Notary Rotary
FL Notaries: Update from Governor's office
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by FlaNotary2 on 8/12/13 6:51pm
Msg #480227

- The Governor's Reference Manual for Notaries is being revised as we speak. I've been told that the writing portion of the manual revision is done; they are bringing in graphic designers to make new images for the manual
- The Notary Education Coordinator will be meeting with Dept of State to discuss merging the two websites into one functional website
- E-mail education will be brought back
- The Notary Education Coordinator will be seeking an Attorney General opinion re: whether one oath is sufficient for a stack of documents or if a separate oath is needed for each document; and will also be looking into whether the new U.S. Passport Cards can be used as identification

There should be more to come. They are really making an effort to get the notary section back up and running. I will post more news as I get it.

Reply by rolomia on 8/12/13 8:53pm
Msg #480243

I wish there was a federal office of notarial compliance.

Of course, it's a pipe dream to hope that our fed. gov't. would ever form such an office, let alone get it right, if they did. Probably, such an office would only work against us. Nevermind. Forget I said anything. Delete! JMHO

Reply by jba/fl on 8/12/13 9:33pm
Msg #480252

Thanks, Robert. Looking forward to improvements. n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/13/13 9:17am
Msg #480293

" E-mail education will be brought back"

What is this? E-notarization? Online training? Not sure.

Hope they revisit this in depth before throwing something out there that's useless. So many laws have changed since 2001 involving stuff we run into every day.

Looking forward to more info.

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 8/13/13 9:30am
Msg #480294

Linda - see flgov.com/email_education for examples of

the email education is. Basically it's an email newsletter that gives reminders of proper procedure.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/13/13 9:57am
Msg #480297

Thanks Robert!!

I see the State Attorney's office is keeping you busy.. Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.