Notary Rotary
Finish Line Signing Sevice? g/b/u?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by garland/CA on 8/29/13 2:02pm
Msg #482502

Reviews are variable hovering between 2 and 4 stars. Anyone have any recent experience with them? thank you

Reply by JinCA on 8/29/13 2:41pm
Msg #482506

They are usually OK, but occasionally in the past, not lately, I had to call about payment.

Reply by garland/CA on 8/29/13 3:11pm
Msg #482511

thank you n/m

Reply by Lorraine Lougheed on 8/29/13 3:29pm
Msg #482515

I have never had a problem with them. Need to call for payment sometimes but for the most part they're ok.

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/29/13 5:26pm
Msg #482530

How does calling about payments make this a good company? n/m

Reply by debbie_CA on 8/29/13 6:48pm
Msg #482546

Re: How does calling about payments make this a good company?

There are a few companies that always pay quickly (or on a definite schedule) and are never a bit late. Those are great companies. Most companies pay at a reasonable schedule but may be somewhat late now and then. Those are still good companies because you are confident they will pay even if you have to make a phone call.
If you expect every single company that hires you to pay on time, within 30 days, no exceptions, then you don't know what having your own business means.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/29/13 8:34pm
Msg #482570

"If you expect every single company that hires you to pay on time, within 30 days, no exceptions, then you don't know what having your own business means."

You don't know how to pick and choose and handle your companies. That's what it means.

I just had to call it quits with Doc Pros and two others because I am so sick and tired of reminding people there that they hired me and I have already sent them an invoice. After 60 days I'm done. They are not going to improve. They will move to 75 days, 90 days, 120 days then --0-- days. Not standing for that type of client....not in my game plan. And when they send unsigned checks - well, I've watched Roseanne too, so I know that trick. Get them out of your life. That is good business management.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/30/13 8:36am
Msg #482610

Surprised there weren't more comments on this, Debbie (probably most were like me who ignored thread - oh, boy here we go again . . .)

I believe how you start off is how you end up. Certainly service providers can be understanding when it comes to the *occasional* Flu, Fever, or Fit of Madness that may prevent a client from paying on time. But those are extenuating circumstances, and should, indeed be Rare.

Believe me, my patience meter gets justifiably agitated if I have to call for my money because 30 days have passed. My bills cycle *every* 30 days (no exceptions). I will only work for trusted clients - and that, for me means payment within 30 days. Otherwise, they are NOT on my "good company" list.

Those who don't follow a similar model won't have to worry long about "knowing what having your own business means."

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/30/13 11:42am
Msg #482648

"If you expect every single company that hires you to pay on time, within 30 days, no exceptions, then you don't know what having your own business means"

Completely disagree with this statement - all you end up with using this philosophy is a file full of "stale" accounts receivable that may or may not ever be collected. Not to mention the fact that I did THEIR work on time, they can pay me on time.

I'm paid by all companies in less than 30 days - I like running that kind of business.

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/30/13 11:59am
Msg #482656

Linda me too. n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/30/13 12:02pm
Msg #482658

Linda me too.

If a smaller company pays you later then quoted they may have cash flow or capitol issues. Look at the reviews of the company and it is not just one person.

With the slow down you may see this from more companies that do not have cash on hand to pay vendors on time, we will be the last ones paid.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.