Notary Rotary
Had three jobs last week.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Buddy Young on 8/18/13 1:08pm
Msg #480902

I haven't had a check in the mail in over a week. Yes newbees, it's slow.

In a previous post Cheryl talked about panhandeling. I heard a story once ( don't know if it's true or not ) Eddie Murphy doing a film, dressed as a bum, decided to go out after filming and beg for money to see how much he could get. Made $1500. Again don't know if that is true or not.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 8/18/13 1:39pm
Msg #480905

Old story about a guy walking down the street. Sees a

"down at the heels" man with a cup full of pens"
Feeling generous , he walks up to the guy and strikes up a conversation.
Pen guy tells a tale of woe, that he was a successful NSA , but biz got slow. Figured that
he had a lot of pens , so he would try to raise money by selling them.
Man says, "I will help you out. Let me have a pen"
Pen guy says "Great, the pens are $25,000.00 each."
Man says "I bet you haven't sold many"
Pen guy replies "I only have to sell one"

Hang in there. Things have been slow in the past, and then ome back after a while.

Reply by 101livescan on 8/18/13 8:29pm
Msg #480946

I have researched HOW TO BE A WILDLY SUCCESSFUL PANHANDLER

Call me! No upstart costs, and guaranteed earnings immediately!

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/18/13 8:42pm
Msg #480948

Re: I have researched HOW TO BE A WILDLY SUCCESSFUL PANHANDLER

Panhandlers make good money at those freeway offramps. I know a team (a lady and a guy - think they're boyfriend/girlfriend) who work both the northbound and southbound offramps where I work. I see her with new (or newer) clothes on from time to time.

Reply by ikando on 8/18/13 10:41pm
Msg #480956

Re: I have researched HOW TO BE A WILDLY SUCCESSFUL PANHANDLER

Haven't seen them this year, but last fall there was a family of three, and a dog, that worked the corner where most would turn off to go to the college campus. I always thought that was ironic as most college kids have no money. But the family seemed to do okay. I saw them for several weeks, and then they were replaced by a scruffy older man. And then a "veteran" with only one leg, who I also happened to see on the major shopping thoroughfare later on.

Wonder if they have a signup system? Doesn't seem to be anyone at that corner right now.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/18/13 10:02pm
Msg #480955

Maybe you should write another book?? ;>) (jk, of course) n/m

Reply by JeffC/CA on 8/19/13 9:26am
Msg #480976

Re: Maybe you should write another book?? ;>) (jk, of course)

I've seen panhandlers with a dog on one corner, then the same dog with a different panhandler on another day! I think the dog gets results.

Reply by rolomia on 8/19/13 12:36pm
Msg #480997

The DOG is the brains of the bunch. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.