Notary Rotary
ISGN / Land & Law Atlanta
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by cremevette on 8/9/13 11:51am
Msg #479792

Be VERY careful with this pair. My scam radar went WAY off with them in the last week. I accepted a job with ISGN, went with docs, and it was a disaster. Fees were way higher than BO was told to expect at the beginning. Second call a week later to reschedule, and I had a HECK of a time calling them back to get the first trip/print added to the same work order. The language barrier, poor phone lines to India, and "a lot of talk about nothing" from their customer service reps is way too much effort for their low pay.

Now a couple days after the second appointment fell through due to NO DOCS and no call to say the loan wasn't going to happen, Land & Law (affiliated with ISGN they admitted when I prodded hard) wanted to make an appointment. I told them they would either honor the other two appointments or I was out.

Basically after a lot of talk about nothing, I told them I was OUT and would pursue ISGN for my $50 owed so far.

I don't usually cut companies loose, but this one is GONE.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/9/13 11:55am
Msg #479796

Wow $50 for a refi? I hope it was close.

Reply by cremevette on 8/9/13 12:03pm
Msg #479800

That was trip/print for a really close one. Nope, the $50 companies can go pound salt.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/9/13 12:34pm
Msg #479811

I’d say you’re generous, for a standard refi, if I print two copies, schedule an appointment, drive to that appointment, and if half way through the signing, the borrower refuses to sign for some reason or another I still charge my full fee. The same for a no-show (I wait a ˝ hour), and the companies I work for pay it……but to each his own. JMO

Reply by cremevette on 8/13/13 1:16pm
Msg #480321

If you're able to get 100% fee all the time, my hat's off to you. I don't have such luck even though I push hard for it.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 8/9/13 4:08pm
Msg #479851

checkout my "testimony" msg #471700 n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.