Is EOM starting up early? :)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Yoli/CA on 8/24/13 11:37am
Msg #481727

We can only hope and pray.

As a lot of others have posted all week, my business has also been slow. I did have scheduled for 3:00 yesterday. Had just finished printing those docs, when I get a call from a very good SS who needed me for an in-house signing at 4:00 and no printing from me. Told them I could be there at 4:30. She'd check. Never called back.

Earlier, I had 2 other callers who c/wouldn't meet my fee. Oh well.

While at my 3:00 (in fact, had just sat down), phone rings. Another good SS. Can I do a last minute at 4:00 in town next to me. Figuring I'd be done at 4, run home and print and prepare, told him I could do it 6 or any time during the weekend (except I have an 11:00 on Saturday). He thanked me for taking his call (he's always so polite) and would check to see if it could be changed. Didn't hear back. Frown

Already have one scheduled for Tuesday morning.

If this continues, looks like we may a fairly decent EOM. YAY!!!! Smile

Reply by sp/MI on 8/24/13 2:38pm
Msg #481750

What happened to putting your cell phone on vibrate or just shutting off when in a closing? How rude you were to the people your were signing with.

Reply by mmk on 8/24/13 3:39pm
Msg #481752

Who are you to judge?! n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/24/13 3:46pm
Msg #481754

Well, thank you for that, sp/MI. Do you not consider it even more rude to accuse me of something on a public forum and hide behind an alias? Even criminals know who their accusers are. And, I don't think my alleged faux pas to be a crime.

Like I said, we were just sitting down. I usually get to my appointments a few minutes early to allow time to set up. When we get to the table - and while still standing - my usual procedure is to take what I'll need from my briefcase. During this set-up time, I ask borrowers if they mind if I keep my phone on for business calls (if any come in, keep them to where and when; my regulars already know my fee; if not a regular I call them back afterwards). The first thing I do once I sit down to the signing is put my phone on mute.

Now, I know we all have a routine we follow. And, yours may be a "wham, bam, thank-you-ma'am." As for me, I like for the borrowers to feel at ease and not rushed. Unless the borrowers request otherwise, my signings are not done in 15 minutes. I also firmly believe my phone is my business lifeline. So, if a business call comes in during that hour that it takes to complete a signing (having already cleared it with borrowers), heck YEA, I'm taking that call!!

Wanna know another little secret, sp/MI? I'm 59 years old. In all them years, I've never been accused of being prim and proper. Why should I try to break that record now??? Wink

Reply by Alz on 8/24/13 5:33pm
Msg #481764

Amen, Yoli. n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 8/24/13 4:20pm
Msg #481756

BE NICE, OR ELSE! WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU!

Pick up the book, SP/MI, Be Nice, Or Else, by Winn Claybaugh. A good read for helping people to be nicer and more positive. All the proceeds go to Human Trafficking, over 100,000 young girls and women are held in sexual slavery in this country. Winn is one of the founders of Paul Mitchell School of Cosmetology and a multi billionaire in his own right, he's also a motivational speaker.

beniceorelse.com

Good luck!

Reply by JimAZ on 8/24/13 4:43pm
Msg #481758

Re: BE NICE, OR ELSE! WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU!

Great answer. I too have been arrogant on this forum and am trying to change my ways. Other members have pointed it out and I have listened. Everyone runs their business as they want to and shouldn't be criticized by other forum members. I too shut off my phone, but may reconsider with slow business as it is. Don't want to miss a call and the borrower forgets who you are as soon as you walk out the door. JMHO

Reply by HisHughness on 8/24/13 5:09pm
Msg #481761

***I too have been arrogant on this forum***

I'm fortunate. As other members of this forum can attest, I am the very paragon of humility. Probably the closest mortal to approach my level of humility was St. Francis of Assisi.

Reply by JimAZ on 8/24/13 5:51pm
Msg #481765

LOL,, Thank you so much. I will try to be like you with my future posts.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.