Notary Rotary
LSI
Notary Discussion History

LSI
Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by JimAZ on 8/7/13 6:51pm
Msg #479581

LSI

After four years of being an NSA I think I have become hardened. I fired LSI today and will refuse to do business with them again. Why? Because of late docs, no docs, cancellations, and poor communication. This started happening to me over 75% of the time. When I accepted an assignment from LSI I reserved the appointment time for them and turned down good offers from four and five star companies. Then LSI wouldn’t come through and I was left sitting at home. Before you say it isn’t their fault I know better. I’ve talked to several major bank LO’s who use LSI and they tell me the docs go to the title company 1 to 2 days before the signing. In my opinion LSI has cut back on people so intensely they can’t process the docs in a timely manner. If this isn’t true, why can the other national title companies (same banks) get docs to us at least the day before the signing? Remember, LSI sent their scheduling to India several years ago, so we can hardly understand what the assignment is. I also don’t appreciate LSI’s philosophy that the notary is disposable. They are pompous. Servicelink, please take them over and fire the whole bunch of incompetents. OK, pros and cons, that was my vent.

Reply by Notarysigner on 8/7/13 7:08pm
Msg #479584

Re: LSI Hardened? I only did two signings last month, my

requirements don't leave to much room for accepting assignments now days...

Reply by coastal/CA on 8/7/13 7:22pm
Msg #479585

Bank mgr's experience with LSI

At a recent branch signing I had an interesting conversation with the bank manager. He told me that there are only a few notaries he wants closing his branch's loans but LSI has a strange policy if a LO wants a certain notary.

First, a notary has to be assigned (contact made, job accepted, time reserved for LSI) before a LO is able to see who the notary will be. If he wants someone else he must contact LSI to request a change. LSI then cancels with the original notary and reassigns the job to the one the LO prefers.

The manager told me that policy is about to change, so he'll be able to request the SA of his choice when he submits the order in the near future.

Reply by pan/nd on 8/7/13 7:25pm
Msg #479586

Re: Bank mgr's experience with LSI

My experience with LSI is not like Jim's.

By and large they are no better and no worse for me than the rest of the biggies.

Sorry they gave you a tough time

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/7/13 7:29pm
Msg #479588

I've had very good luck with them...they're one of my

favorite companies....

Also have not had Jim's experience....they pay me fee, which is over $100, get extra $$ for extra travel or printing, I get docs on time, no handholding, good support...and all callers are local, not overseas, and easy to reach if I need it.

I like working for them.

Reply by parkerc/ME on 8/7/13 9:09pm
Msg #479596

Same for me...LSI (East) one of my best. n/m

Reply by JimAZ on 8/7/13 7:32pm
Msg #479589

Re: Bank mgr's experience with LSI

I do many branch closings for the other major national title companies and have been welcomed back and requested by the local LO's. However, I wouldn't do anything for a second rate LSI.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/7/13 8:34pm
Msg #479594

I've never worked for LSI, but have dropped other cos. where

there's too much hassle. This biz can get pretty stressful as it is--we're dealing with deadlines, after all. There's no time in my schedule for any co. to have habits like that. ;-)

Reply by JimAZ on 8/7/13 8:52pm
Msg #479595

Re: I've never worked for LSI, but have dropped other cos. where

Thank you very much. I thought I was being stupid and going nuts. Good riddance LSI

Reply by PegiT_MN on 8/7/13 9:44pm
Msg #479597

My Experience With LSI

I'm going to be honest here......I'm not going to be real sad to see them go. I have been signing with them since 2009 and I used to get a ton of business from them. I had a really nice scheduler out in Pennsylvania who liked me because I would take almost everything she would send to me.....including last minute deals. Everyone liked her because she was fair and consistent in how she scheduled. She told me that she took turns with all the notaries in the area and made sure that each one got business. When she went on maternity leave they put someone else in charge of Minnesota and that girl only called a few of her favorites......and unfortunately I was not one of them. The only time I would ever hear from her was when another notary backed out and she was desperate, last minute deals where she couldn't find anyone else, or Wells Fargo Loan Mods that were far away from me that nobody else wanted to take. I went from doing 25+ closings a month for them to about five.......and those were coming out of Columbia and California.....not Pennsylvania. I have not heard from the PA scheduling department in over three months. When all this first happened, I called the supervisor for the scheduling department and asked him if I had done something wrong to have my volume reduced so drastically and to not get any calls at all from the new scheduler in PA. He told me that I had a good history with them and that I should be getting business. He then had a talk with her and I was told that I would be getting business from them. Well that never happened. A year went by.....still no phone calls from PA.....I called the supervisor again and told him that I was still not getting any business. He told me he would have a talk with her and that I should be getting business. He called me back and told me that she told him that she was calling me on a regular basis and sending me business. They don't give a crap. They just let this girl run the show. I do get calls from Columbia and California though......but nothing from PA and if that is how they run their business just because someone doesn't like you and doesn't have to call you.....well then I don't feel sorry that they are all going to lose their jobs in a few months. I sign for Service Link and they are so good to me and I am glad they are taking over.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/7/13 10:06pm
Msg #479600

Geez, PegiT

What a bummer story! I think, however, that many of us have been through the same wringer. You go great-guns with a scheduler you really connect with and who likes you ... and then they get laid off, quit or reasigned. Your phone stops ringing, and their replacement couldn't care less about you. That's happened to me 3 or 4 times. At least you tried to get back on their radar ... but that's all the more frustrating because even that didn't work!

I can't imagine how this Fidelity-LPS merger is going to shake out for the average NSA; but it would seem that the LSI people would be the first to go since Fidelity has its own cockamamie scheduling "system," either through Bancserv, SSs, SL or their own list of "Fidelity approved" notaries... I would suspect the recent wave of SL layoffs are related to the bottom dropping out of the refi market... as well as the new automated system referred to in earlier post today.

Reply by JimAZ on 8/7/13 10:19pm
Msg #479603

Re: My Experience With LSI

I rest my case. It is so sad they have deteriorated so badly. When Servicelink takes over I will be happy to travel at my own expense to fire a few of their incompetents starting with some guy named William.

Reply by NS35/CA on 8/8/13 1:54am
Msg #479624

Re: My Experience With LSI

Do you mean the guy named William Leonard in PA? If it is, this guy is hideous.
The whole experience working with LSI was pretty much the same that you mentioned AND MORE...in a hideous way! I am so glad to hear that SL takes over LSI!

Reply by MW/VA on 8/8/13 8:46am
Msg #479635

Also, see msg. 479526 below. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.