Notary Rotary
Lie lie lie! Why do TCs (thru a SS)l say they have 3 pgs to
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by HrdwrkrVA on 8/12/13 8:42pm
Msg #480240

send-" have them in my hand- they're right here ready to go" & then send you 15,20 or 30??? Do they think we can't count??? Grrrr! They will lie to try to avid paying 1 penny extra, but expect you to eat the cost! Sorry, but your're paying buster! I've had a "one doc "signing be a dozen docs of 50 pgs! Always trying to scam the NSA!!! I hate this me/us mentality. We're supposed to be working towards the same goal - getting the dang loan signed! SMH - It' sometimes reminds me of the Dems & GOP -SMH!

Reply by rolomia on 8/12/13 8:49pm
Msg #480242

I'm sorry that happened to you. I agree it's not fair.

Though, I must also add that I'm not surprised that said SS did that. I, too, have experienced that very same issue. But, once it happens, I turn back the order and tell the company to delete me from their profile and/or add me to their Do Not Call list.

I also add them to MY own personal blacklist of bad TC's/SS's to avoid. That is in addition to SC.
I used to waste time accepting orders on blind faith. No more. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. JMHO

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/12/13 8:57pm
Msg #480244

Calm Down Please - Very Simple Fix

When you're negotiating the deal, you quote based on what is discussed - and you repeat back to the scheduler what is discussed....i.e. "For THREE pages and the client is X distance, my fee is X. I'm intentionally shouting the following (because I keep saying it and no one listens so here goes): You then say to the scheduler, "IF THE ASSIGNMENT I RECEIVE IS ***DIFFERENT*** FROM WHAT WE ARE DISCUSSING, I WILL BE CALLING YOU BACK TO RENEGOTIATE MY FEE FOR THE ***ACTUAL*** ASSIGNMENT.

Let me repeat that in a lower tone. To scheduler: "For X assignment and X distance my fee is X....if the e-docs and distance to client I receive are DIFFERENT from what we are discussing, I will be calling back to renegotiate my fee for the ACTUAL job.

Say that when negotiating every single deal and that halts the liars and the uniformed schedulers who truly do not know the particulars of the assignment, but mainly, it stops the liars who DO know. And since the liars cannot put one over on you, they'll just cancel on the spot.

Reply by sueharke on 8/12/13 9:19pm
Msg #480248

Re: Calm Down Please - Very Simple Fix

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 8/12/13 9:26pm
Msg #480249

Signing was thru an SS, but TC called to just email "3 pgs"

I'm actually calm now, but I just had to vent! Next time I'l will let them know that _ pgs are ok, but anymore than that & I'll have to request a new confirm from SS - it was an o-nite signing.

She actually caught me on the phone making a Dr's appt, so I was trying to get her off the phone.
But next time...!

Thanks everyone!

Reply by jba/fl on 8/12/13 9:31pm
Msg #480251

Re: Calm Down Please - Very Simple Fix

I immediately email them the discussed terms including my complete terms, requesting that they reply their understanding. If not, the deal is off the table, otherwise, I commence preparations: calling to confirm, etc.

I am leaving nothing to "open interpretation".

I had a call this morning as I was getting ready to take a short trip with my son. He heard me refuse and interjected that he could wait, etc. Told him no, that just because someone calls doesn't mean they have a deal I can work with. In that case, it was a company that just will not go any higher, no matter what, and it was out of my area set for them. I need profit, not practice.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 8/12/13 9:50pm
Msg #480259

I need profit, not practice: I likey-my new mantra/motto. n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 8/13/13 9:14am
Msg #480292

GOOD ONE, JULES! n/m

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 8/13/13 11:38am
Msg #480307

Excellent, Lisa. Sometimes it takes shouting! n/m

Reply by ananotary on 8/12/13 10:31pm
Msg #480263

I choose not to nickle and dime. My fees are on the higher

end to cover these kinds of variables. I'd rather retain a good client at my higher rate than spend any time on having to call back and raise my fee. However, I do have a limit. I rec'd a package once that was 290 pages. Yeah, that did require a raise in my fee.

Reply by Ilona Stines on 8/13/13 10:57am
Msg #480303

Re: I choose not to nickle and dime. My fees are on the higher

I may be a day late but I don't visit the site that often, but I had the problem this past week, started as a simple 20 mile new purchase. Gave my fee it was a last minute signing so I added to fee. Checked out SS co. came with 3 stars. When docs came in it was a 200 plus pg. I immediately called SS and informed them this was not in the agreement, SS was short with me and said"I know were your going with this how much do you want." I told him no reason to be short and my fee was and need a new confirmation prior to my print. Fee was approved. Then I get another call to add more docs putting the signing well into after hrs. Oh, I was out the door prior to the call. At this point the SS was quite miffed at the TC and just wanted this to go away. Did get my extra fee but what worked for every cent. All new signing agents, welcome to our world.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 8/13/13 1:37pm
Msg #480328

Well, the 3 pgs went to 15pgs to 19 pgs + BO copies making

it a total of 38pgs!! The SS will almost lose money on this one - not fair to them or me. see my post for today.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.