Notary Rotary
Membership cost for a newbie
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Fred Phillips on 8/15/13 6:20pm
Msg #480635

Hello all, I'm new here. do I have to get the $100 premier membership for the phone to ring? How many a week should I expect by purchasing that membership?

Reply by MW/VA on 8/15/13 6:26pm
Msg #480639

Use the orange search button at the top to pull up

previous discussions on Premium Membership.
The biz is headed for a downward turn right now because of rising interest rates.
I recommend the membership for greater exposure, but it's no guarantee of more business.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/15/13 6:33pm
Msg #480641

The only guarantees in life are death and taxes.

That being said, I don't get many jobs from this site that I know of, but I keep the premier membership for the discount on high quality notary supplies and for what I learn from my colleagues on this site. What I get cannot be measured in dollars and cents!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/15/13 6:43pm
Msg #480642

Fred ~ In order for your phone to ring, you have to market, market, market and then market some more. You are now self-employed. This is YOUR business. In order for it to work for you, you have to work for it.

There's a LOT of information on this forum for the newbie. Don't be shy about doing your own research. If after researching you still have questions, feel free to ask here. We'll try to help ... after you try to help yourself. Again, this is your business. Don't expect someone else to run it for you.

JMHPO

Reply by anotaryinva on 8/15/13 6:53pm
Msg #480643

Fred, just my opinion but this is probably the worst possible time to become a NSA. Even worse than 2006-2009. It's horrible right now. HORRIBLE?

Reply by Fred Phillips on 8/15/13 7:00pm
Msg #480646

Thank you very much everyone for your advice. I really appreciate it!!!

Reply by jba/fl on 8/15/13 7:26pm
Msg #480651

One last piece of advice, as a proof of what is being said: skim the posts - just the subject matter - for the past few days and see how many are asking if anyone else is slow, or, my phone isn't ringing and subjects like that. I think you can get a more clear picture on your own.

We do wish you well, though.

Reply by DebraOro/CA on 8/15/13 7:53pm
Msg #480657

Hi Fred,
Welcome to Notary Land ! The amount of work you will get also depends on how many Notaries are in your area. I am surrounded by about 900 within 30 miles of me....bleh

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.