Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
No Packages Yet.....A Hearing Impaired Borrower.....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 8/26/13 10:45am
Msg #481944

......and no interpreter was ever set up for him as promised by the lender. Today is not looking so good at this point. First closing is not until 3:00 p.m., so hopefully everything will turn out okay. I am supposed to have four closings.......let's see how many actually happen.

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/26/13 10:49am
Msg #481946

Hearing impaired, but he can still READ--point & sign.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 8/26/13 10:56am
Msg #481948

I thought the same thing.....but in my confirmation call last week, he requested an interpreter. The lender said they took care of it......but it doesn't sound like it.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/26/13 10:56am
Msg #481949

Agreed. What kind of Interpretor are you suggesting?

If these docs are going to be translated via sign language. Jeez you're gonna be there forever!! I agree with Lee - let them read then point & sign.

Wow...charge accordingly too.

Good Luck.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 8/26/13 10:59am
Msg #481951

Re: Agreed. What kind of Interpretor are you suggesting?

They don't translate the docs.......they just sign what you are saying to the borrower so the borrower can understand you since they can't actually hear you and can't read your lips. The closing takes the normal amount of time as any other closing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.