Notary Rotary
QUESTION FOR GEORGIA NOTARIES
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by NS35/CA on 8/19/13 5:26pm
Msg #481063

On the "Security Deed", the notary page reads "Signed, Sealed and delivered in the presence of:
Question: Do I need to fill out notary's name or the 2 witnesses' name or don't need to fill out anything at all?

NNA's advice: CA notaries cannot fill out anything at all, not allowed! But I was taught that can be done because this is a Georgia's property?
Please advise, thank you all!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/19/13 5:31pm
Msg #481065

For your certs you follow your state's notary laws.

As for the "Signed, Sealed and Delivered in the presence of:

There should be lines underneath that phrasing - lines for witnesses to sign and print their names under the lines.

Are you being required to have witnesses to this? If so that's what you do. It's Signed, Sealed and delivered in the presence of <the witnesses>...it's standard form. That's if witnesses are required in Georgia. If no witnesses are required you leave it blank.

And remember - Georgia is an attorney only state - I realize this is occurring in CA, but you may need a GA attorney on the phone. I'd check with hiring party to be sure.

JMO

Reply by Belinda/CA on 8/19/13 5:34pm
Msg #481067

Linda has good advice. n/m

Reply by Alz on 8/19/13 10:05pm
Msg #481116

Ditto. I conducted a similiar

signing a little over a year ago.

Property is in the state of Georgia, BWRs were here in CA. Attorney from GA called during the signing. Had to have two witnesses sign per instructions and I attached my CA certificate of acknowledgement for the BWRs.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 8/19/13 5:33pm
Msg #481066

Check with hiring party and att loose cert.

You don't fill anything in there. Witnesses and borrowers sign under where you are talking about.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.