Notary Rotary
Relocating to the midwest
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Deborah Plaugher on 8/16/13 12:14pm
Msg #480702

I've recently separated from my husband & have decided to leave Cali for Kansas/Missouri area. I'm also planning to get my commission in one or both states. Hopefully work will be more plentiful there than it was in my small town.
I've not announced this as of yet on Facebook. Waiting for the right time & don't want the drama of a bunch of questions from
friends & family. Prayers welcome & appreciated as I travel. Thank you.

Reply by notary4az2 on 8/16/13 12:17pm
Msg #480706

Good Luck to you and your new adventure!

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/16/13 12:21pm
Msg #480708

Best of luck to you as you move on and create a new life for yourself. What a blessing that you have the training and experience to pick up and move and take your career along with you. With your tenacity for a better life, you WILL do just fine.

My prayers are with you for a safe and successful trip to MO.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/16/13 12:39pm
Msg #480709

Good luck to you, Deborah, as you begin this new stage of your life! I suspect some family and friends might already have a heads up about your plans since you posted here and on your profile that you were moving, so be ready for "drama." Actually, if this were me, I'd have a planned response to all their questions so you'll be in control when the drama hits!

I'm sure your CA location (not exactly a highly populated area!) was a challenge; hopefully, it will be different in your new location and that you'll have potential for more business there. Bon voyage and keep up informed how it's going!

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/16/13 12:41pm
Msg #480710

Woops. Meant "keep us informed ..."! n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/16/13 12:45pm
Msg #480711

Deb, I am so sorry to hear this. Be well. Prayers with you.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/16/13 12:55pm
Msg #480713

When a ball of yarn falls to the floor and unwinds, oft times the rewinding has greater strength against that very thing happening in the future. I imagine you will be both deft and dexterous in the rebuilding. I wish you well.

Reply by JandB on 8/16/13 1:07pm
Msg #480714

I don't know if you have ever moved your business before but I have done so twice and can tell you one of your biggest challenges will be to get the TC and SS to make note of your new address and phone numbers. It will not do to tell them once. Start early and be persistent. I've been in VA a 1 1/2 years now and I'm still getting PA calls. I'll have a laugh with the scheduler and then ask to be transferred to their vendor maintenance dept. Best of luck to you, Deb.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/16/13 1:19pm
Msg #480715

I too am sad to hear this, but wishing you the very best. You will be closer to me and our chances of meeting in person just got better. Hugs to you.

Reply by ikando on 8/16/13 2:27pm
Msg #480720

Deborah, where in Missouri are you moving? Some towns are closer to the border than others, so in regard to commissioning in both states, that will be a factor. Also, if you're close enough, northern Oklahoma sometimes has challenges for notary service. Most companies don't want to pay me the necessary travel fee to cover the northern-most border, even though it's part of my "territory".

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/16/13 7:46pm
Msg #480746

Are you going to Kansas City? Which side?

Best wishes in your new move, new life. It's a great place to live and work.

Reply by linda/ca on 8/18/13 1:09am
Msg #480861

Thanks, MistarellaFl.......Mr. "Fats Domino."Great song! n/m

Reply by PHX_AZ on 8/17/13 12:37am
Msg #480779

Good luck in KC. It's a great place to live and you will enjoy the cost of living there

Reply by linda/ca on 8/18/13 1:12am
Msg #480862

Sound like you need a fresh start, Deborah, pulling for you! n/m

Reply by Deborah Plaugher on 8/18/13 9:59pm
Msg #480954

Re: Sound like you need a fresh start, Deborah, pulling for you!

Sorry for the late reply; been on the road. I'm actually headed to the southwest MO/Southeast KS area. Thank you for all your best wishes and prayers, they're appreciated.
I'm doing well, and lots less stress.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.