Notary Rotary
Renewal
Notary Discussion History

Renewal
Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Marianne Clancy on 8/25/13 1:22pm
Msg #481828

Renewal

When I receive my renewal commissionb do I send the new commission number to each and every signing company that I have signed up with?

Reply by MW/VA on 8/25/13 1:33pm
Msg #481830

Do you get a new commission no. when renewing? In VA

we maintain the same commission no., just new expiration dates. We, of course, have to get new stamps. Many cos. will keep track of their data base, and will send emails asking for new dates for commissions, E&O insurance, etc. I'd never be able to contact each & every co. I work with.

Reply by Marianne Clancy on 8/25/13 1:46pm
Msg #481834

Re: Do you get a new commission no. when renewing? In VA

We get a new number every time. Seems silly but that's the way it is done here.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/25/13 1:57pm
Msg #481837

We get a new number here too - I would not contact

each and every company I work with for that - a colossal waste of time. As long as our stamps reflect a current commission we should be fine.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/25/13 4:56pm
Msg #481862

Re: We get a new number here too - I would not contact

I agree. Most won't care. The ones who do will likely contact you to let you know they need updated commission #, and possibly E&O policy #, etc., similar to what some companies do at the end of the year with all the requests for updated W-9s.

Reply by Marianne Clancy on 8/25/13 5:31pm
Msg #481864

Re: We get a new number here too - I would not contact

Thanks everyone.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 8/25/13 8:08pm
Msg #481883

The reason you get a new commission number is not silly

Notaries Public in CA get a new commission every time. It is not like a real estate license. We do not renew our commissions. Why the state chooses to do it this way, I cannot say. I only send out the new number etc, when asked or on listings where it is displayed. Most companies don't track when it expires.

Reply by Marianne Clancy on 8/26/13 3:40pm
Msg #481997

Re: The reason you get a new commission number is not silly

Seems silly to me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.