Notary Rotary
Sat doc delivery
Notary Discussion History

Sat doc delivery
Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Claudine Osborne on 8/9/13 10:44pm
Msg #479915

Sat doc delivery

My husband has a closing Sat evening at 6:30..He gets an email asking that the documents be dropped off for Mon morning delivery! He emailed back stating the documents will not be going out until Mon morning. We live in a rural area and he is going to a remote location where there isnt a drop location for 30 miles around let alone that late on Sat evening!

I know that some areas have drop off areas at every corner but not here..Sometimes people just don't get it!

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/9/13 11:41pm
Msg #479920

What are they thinking? It could realistically be 8pm before he's finished with the signing. I bet every bit of 7:30. There is NO place that has pickup's that late. Makes ya want to hi five someone right in the forehead. LOL

Reply by Scriba/NM on 8/10/13 1:07am
Msg #479923

Sad Situation At The Other End

It would seem (from conversations that I've had) there are two types of beings at the other end of the tube. There are the regulars, who have been at their company for a while and know things, and then there are the part-timers. Paret-timers are hired "at will" so they (1) don't get more than 30 hours or so a week, (2) as "at will" they don't get health plan or other benes, (3) can be let go anytime by just saying...."see ya" and (4) they get no Cobra since they had no health benes in the first place.

Obviously, whomever told your husband that gibberish was a blitherer who probably shouldn't even be left alone at the vending machine without supervision.

I continue to receive packages from people I have never heard of, who leave out all kinds of documentation. I have the choice of just getting what they send me signed, or another assignment for the documents they "forgot." Once in a while, I get a "Oh, you missed this or that document at the signing," and that's when I advise them that the docs were never in the package in the first place. I then ask for the supervisor and they end up sending me out with a confirmation to get the job done.

If it were common docs, that would be something else, but they forget Quitclaims, and every other imaginable form because no one reviews the packages before they send them, occasionally includes weird scanning where a single page is sized at 11 x 17". Lately it's been getting worse.
Sorry, tendency to ramble......sigh.....it never used to be this bad.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/10/13 9:09am
Msg #479937

Laughter in the morning makes up for it, Scriba.(My laughs.) n/m

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/10/13 1:49pm
Msg #479981

Re: LOL, Scriba n/m

Reply by walthtz on 8/10/13 10:06am
Msg #479948

You should ask for travel expenses to drop the package off in person?

Reply by MW/VA on 8/10/13 10:13am
Msg #479950

Sometimes they just don't think. Even in my area, the

latest Sat. pickup is 4 pm. You'd think they'd be grateful that he was willing to do the signing at 6:30 on a Sat. night in the first place. Obviously, it can't go out until Mon. morning. It sounds like your new partnership is working well. How does he like the biz?

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 8/10/13 10:48pm
Msg #480046

Re: Sometimes they just don't think. Even in my area, the

Our partnership is going great! Paul has been an NSA for 5 years..He has been doing closings on a partime basis until a few months ago..So he isnt new to the business! He is liking this much better than his 9-5 and I like it better too. When clients call me and I am busy I refer them to Paul and they seem to like that arrangement as well!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.