Notary Rotary
Saved again through Signing Central!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Tudi/CA on 8/15/13 6:24pm
Msg #480637

Signing Central is worth it's weight in gold! I am so glad that Notary Rotary allows notaries to post what they want, without censorship (like some of the other notary sites). To me, the lack of censorship is what makes Notary Rotary so valuable to notaries. It's like the comedian Joan Rivers act "Can we TALK???" Today, I got a call from a company I've never done business with before. They were nice on the phone and offered me $100. for the signing. The caller said they got my name off of the Coffee Site. If you look at the coffee site, there aren't any comments about this company. But if you look at Notary Rotary's Signing Central, there are around 6-8 complaints in recent months regarding payment issues with subsequent one star ratings. I especially liked the comment which read "Run like your hair is on fire from this company!". Thankfully, I went to Notary Rotary's Signing Central FIRST to look up this company and get the "411" on the company. I was able to ONCE AGAIN dodge a deadbeat!

Reply by Debbie Dunham on 8/16/13 1:11am
Msg #480675

I've seen several comments similar to yours where you get a call for an assignment then check Signing Central for feedback on the company calling you. How is this process done? Do you accept the assignment, then check SC, then call them back to cancel if the reviews are unfavorable, or do you put them on hold so that you can check SC before you accept the assignment? Just wondering as I am a newbie trying to understand how it all works! Smile

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/16/13 6:54am
Msg #480676

<< Do you accept the assignment, then check SC, then call them back to cancel if the reviews are unfavorable, >>

Yes.

Reply by 101livescan on 8/16/13 7:55am
Msg #480679

The alternative is to ask the scheduler if they know how many stars they have in SC after they tell you about the order. Or look them up while you have them on the line.

Some people on this board send them a "hot copy" of the their companies' ratings after the call is finished while they are turning the order back.

In any case, always do your homework, and working for 4 and 5 star companies is the best policy.

There are too many companies out there not paying their notaries at all, taking 90 days to pay and deducting any where from $5 to $35 from each payment no matter what you negotiated up front. Just be careful, it's a signing jungle. Watch out for alligators, pithons, poisonous spiders, dragons and evil spirits.

Reply by Tudi/CA on 8/16/13 11:45am
Msg #480697

In addition to looking at the total number of stars, you also need to read the comments section in "Signing Central". If you see a number of recently posted non-payment/collection issues, there's a good chance you'll be working for free (plus be out the cost of paper, toner, gas). Be very cautious if you see lots of 1 star ratings with comments about non-payment/collection issues. Sometimes you'll see slow payment comments...I'm not as worried about slow payment (up to 45 days) as I am about "no payment in 3-6 months" ,"collection calls", "calls to Title company to get paid", type of comments. I'm running a business and I don't have the time or need the aggravation of trying to collect money that I've earned. Consequently, I spend my time working with the GOOD companies and get lots of repeat business from them...and have never yet been "stiffed" for payment.

Reply by Debbie Dunham on 8/18/13 1:22am
Msg #480863

Thank you all for your insight and advice, very much appreciated! And yes, I plan to do business ONLY with 4 and 5 star companies as I am not here for charity. I may be new to loan signings, but I am a professional nonetheless and expect to be treated as such.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 8/16/13 9:57pm
Msg #480768

Actually, when on fire, don't run: Stop, drop & roll! :-) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.