Notary Rotary
So I do my collections day and write to a couple of
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 8/12/13 10:47pm
Msg #480265

companies that are slow this go around. One owes me for 2 signings, apologizes, sends the check but doesn't sign it. I'm so aggravated! Going to run it through anyway - see if it goes, which I think it will. (has in the past)

They are no longer on my list - and almost every 2-3 days they are calling for new work to be done. I figure that this will be several more months of driving me nuts should I capitulate. Nah - don't think so.

Yes, once resolved I will name them.....I want my money first.

Reply by Christine/OK on 8/13/13 6:40am
Msg #480278

Thank you for sharing, Julianne, once you're paid! :D n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 8/13/13 7:18am
Msg #480283

I think this is a pattern, by design. Things go great for a few months to a year then it takes a few days longer, then you got to start sending reminders. Next thing you hear is "things are slow your way" then, reminder, reminder followed by no more contact.

One day you'll be talking to someone and they'll tell you about this great company (Example TRG) and you'll find out it's the "great" company you use to work for, only they are paying them less then they paid you. Good riddance.

Reply by rolomia on 8/13/13 7:26am
Msg #480285

You noticed that, too, huh? (sarcasm)

Sadly, savvy NSA's who are aware of such shady practices by less-than-scrupulous TC's/SS's aren't receiving as many orders as newbies who are clueless about said trend (pattern). For them, ignorance may seem like bliss, at first. But, they'll eventually catch on when their expenses exceed their NSA business' revenue. So, they'll quit and another newbie NSA will take their place. The cycle (of the NSA's life) will repeat itself, ad (nausea) infinitim. JMHO

Reply by 101livescan on 8/13/13 7:24am
Msg #480284

How many stars are they rated? Proof of the pudding! Another one bites the dust.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/13/13 8:32am
Msg #480290

3.5 stars n/m

Reply by Les_CO on 8/13/13 9:32am
Msg #480295

When things slow (orders) most Title and SS companies continue to have fixed overhead (for awhile) so where do they get the money to pay the phone bill? You guessed it….from the money the kindly notaries have already ‘advanced’ them. So it’s let’m wait another week-month, and start lowering fees. Next come the lay-offs, then the doors close…..careful out there. JMO (been-there-done-that)

Reply by 101livescan on 8/13/13 9:48am
Msg #480296

What is amazing to me is that when there is a lull, companies start laying off, reducing work hours, inviting people to retire early (or else), job sharing, EOs lose their assistants and start doing their own scheduling, etc.

BUT, WAIT! What happened to all those "highest results in 4 qtrs." title companies publish? Why do long term employees get punished for working so hard in the previous quarter when things slow up. Feast or famine.

So predictable. Then they have issues trying to rehire good, skilled staff when things pick up again because the axed ones have already found other "meaningful" work or lifestyles.

Definitely a roller coaster industry....

Reply by Scriba/NM on 8/13/13 10:23am
Msg #480300

HERE IS A SOLUTION YOU MAY WISH TO TRY

In many cases, a bank will process an unsigned check, but you have to do this:

What you do is write "Over" where the signature line is, and "Lack of Signature Guaranteed" on the back, above your signature and your checking account number.

Some banks may even process an unsigned check without verifying signature depending upon the amount.

In some cases, banks will not honor checks which have not been signed by the maker depending a lot on what balance you keep in your bank account and how long you have been with the bank. Others have a strict "no signature - no process" policy.

As a former Credit and Collections Manager I used this quite effectively - never had a return. It's worth a try.

Reply by linda/ca on 8/18/13 2:29am
Msg #480866

Agree with Scriba. Also add: "For deposit only......" n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.