Notary Rotary
Tax Program
Notary Discussion History

Tax Program
Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by agntjAZ on 8/8/13 9:05pm
Msg #479749

Tax Program

I am using Notary Gadget which I like but I was wondering if there is a program out there that helps calculate your quaterly taxes.

Reply by John Tennant on 8/8/13 9:58pm
Msg #479750

Go to IRS.gov and use the search bar for form 1040es. There have been revisions this year, however, the book for those revisions is also listed in the results that you will get. This form is downloadable, as well as the instructions for filling it out. Hope this helps.

Reply by sueharke on 8/8/13 10:04pm
Msg #479751

John is correct. If that method does not work, find yourself an accountant you feel comfortable with (EA or CPA, not a store front Tax Preparer who is not available all year) and let him or her educate you on how to do the computations you are asking about.

Reply by Alz on 8/9/13 10:41am
Msg #479773

I agree with allowing the professionals, i.e.

CPA/Accountancy to complete this for you. My CPA/Tax Prepaper does this for me every year. They provide me with the coupons & envelopes to be submitted to the IRS on a quarterly basis as this is all apart of the services that they provided.

Personally, this saves me time, energy, money, and no penalties, etc.

Reply by John Tennant on 8/8/13 10:07pm
Msg #479752

Also, if you used a tax software program like turbo tax last year you could open a "test" return and key in the current numbers. It would calculate the estimated taxes and you would only have to update based on current tax law.

I use a professional tax program and frequently do that to project taxes and expenses for my clients.

Reply by sueharke on 8/9/13 12:12am
Msg #479755

John, great idea. If the computer program does not work, maybe take an accounting course at the Small Business Administration as their courses are cheaper than CPA or EA's (as a teacher).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.