Notary Rotary
Think I lost a client.
Notary Discussion History

Think I lost a client.
Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by desktopfull on 8/9/13 6:09pm
Msg #479868

Think I lost a client.

Did a closing yesterday @ 6:00 pm, lender had a lot of errors, like leaving wife's name off of mortgage, rider's and TIL, called added her per instructions. Scanned and emailed all docs back, dropped package today. At 3:30 pm today they email me about my printer putting #'s on the docs when I printed them and that I needed to go back and resign entire package with yesterdays date and that it's okay because it's just a correction.

First, I proved that the docs were sent from the lender with the loan # printed in the middle of every page, lender's error not mine. Then I informed them that I could not use yesterday's date to resign the new docs that to do that is backdating and that is illegal, especially on the pages that need notarization. Title says that they will have to inform lender that I am refusing to do the correction. I told her that I wasn't refusing to go back out, but that I wouldn't backdate. She says that's refusing and they have notaries do that all the time on corrections. I told her I wasn't breaking the law and risking going to jail and/or paying a $5000.00 fine and losing my commission for any lender or title company.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/9/13 6:13pm
Msg #479870

How in the world did they think that

YOUR printer took it upon itself to add the loan number to the docs?? Good grief.

That's a damn good printer you got there...I want one!!

Reply by jba/fl on 8/9/13 6:22pm
Msg #479872

That is almost same wording I heard yesterday (or day before). Sent you PM of who, tell me, who is yours? Same?

Reply by Notarysigner on 8/9/13 6:28pm
Msg #479874

sounds like they got a new employee!

Reply by desktopfull on 8/9/13 6:39pm
Msg #479876

Problem is that this is a Michigan property in Wayne County so I don't know if I can look it up online. If I can and find out that a notary in this area resigned the lender docs with yesterday's date I will report them to the SOS. We don't need that type of notary operating in the Orlando area and I will be happy to put them out of business.

Reply by desktopfull on 8/9/13 6:42pm
Msg #479877

Also,

I won't mind frying the lender and title company in the process either. I have the request in writing!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/9/13 6:50pm
Msg #479879

Try this

http://www.waynecountylandrecords.com/

Reply by desktopfull on 8/9/13 6:57pm
Msg #479881

Perfect! Thanks Linda. n/m

Reply by Julie/MI on 8/9/13 8:19pm
Msg #479895

Here's the link

http://www.waynecountylandrecords.com/

Reply by John Tennant on 8/9/13 11:59pm
Msg #479921

Who are they?

If you are not going to work for them anymore, it could help others if you name them.

Reply by Scriba/NM on 8/10/13 1:13am
Msg #479924

Yes...Tell Us Who These Weenies Are (or PM me) Thanks! n/m

Reply by Christine/OK on 8/10/13 6:18am
Msg #479928

Yes...Tell Us Who These Weenies Are (or PM me) Thanks! n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 8/10/13 9:23am
Msg #479944

Wow--no one asked who asked me to backdate few days ago.

And why not tell? Because this only may be a "possible loss" of a client.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.