Msg #481763

One of my favorite phrases. Thanks for the reminder. n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 8/24/13 3:29pm
Msg #481751

AWESOME! n/m

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 8/24/13 5:09pm
Msg #481762

When my daughter got married some years ago, I ended

my toast to the bride and groom with just those words.
They have told me many times over the years that those words have served them well.
Abraham Lincoln was known to have often used that phrase during the darkest days of the
Civil War ( Or "War of Northern Aggression" as it is sometimes known in the South)
In particular for our biz, I have been at this for about 15 years.. I have seen a number of slow downs, even worse than we are now experiencing. It has always come back, sometimes faster and
sometimes more slowly .
Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Reply by Glenna Webb on 8/25/13 1:07am
Msg #481787

Thanks for sharing. Saving it! N/M n/m

Reply by RickG/CA on 8/25/13 10:03am
Msg #481797

Re: This Too Shall Pass - Timeless classic!

I'll admit I've been on the cocky side and it's only been couple of weeks that I've started adjusting my habits for a more conservative approach. I read earlier that some have had less than 5 signings for the month, I get anxious if I have less than 5 every 2-3 days. My numbers are definitely down for my lofty projections, however with a new found attitude adjustment we should be fine thru this slowing. After all...this too shall pass.

Reply by 101livescan on 8/25/13 10:20am
Msg #481802

Re: This Too Shall Pass - Timeless classic!

Humbling, makes you take stock in the little things in life. I now have more time to spend with family, calling my mother in OR and bro in ID every Sunday, my second family in San Diego needs a visit one of these days soon. My signings have shrunk from 6-10 a day to an average of 2-3-6 a day, hoping to catch up next week. I've always said if I could only work my tail off one week a month, that would be fine with me, the other three weeks I'd find something productive to do, but eom was daily for me for years!! until recently.

I've been so off the chart busy for so long now, I'm catching up on a lot of things, including a lot of exercise and yard work. My barn, well, we won't go there. Eight years of "collectibles"...time to put it out on the highway with "free, take me home." I have many new families of quail, and the deer and other wildlife are like statues in my yard, due to low food and water sources on the Central Coast.

Life is good, cherish every nanosecond. I'm thinking about that handbook "How to become a wildly successful panhandler and tools of the trade" and meanwhile thinking about next steps.

Reply by Charlie Ervin on 8/26/13 1:07am
Msg #481905

Great story.... Placed a smile on my face.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.