Notary Rotary
Thoughts re docs to borrower
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by ikando on 8/18/13 11:05am
Msg #480896

An earlier post spoke of docs overnight delivered to BO. Several issues were mentioned, but not what came to my mind first. The Bottom Line of the hiring party. If the docs are provided to BO, then the skillset of a NSA is not as critical, or so they think, thus only requiring "a notary". Fees weren't mentioned, but I'd guess less was offered since there was no printing.

This is the reason I calculate my hourly rate in my fees, based on my experience since 2004. If I get correct info on the job, I can estimate what's involved. Expenses are fluid, but my time & knowledge are a value to be paid.

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/18/13 4:40pm
Msg #480928

Since nobody else has said anything... I'm OK with it. While less work/materials does = less pay, hey, it's still less work/expense! If all docs went to the B, we could do more actual paid work in a day. And a signing would (this IS theory) go better/faster as the B would have all their questions answered by the LO well before we meet. Sure they would~~

Reply by HSH/WA on 8/18/13 6:24pm
Msg #480937

Re: They open the ON when you get there and screw up

their faces like it's printed in Greek. When I confirm I ask then to open it and make sure the $ is right and call their LO if somethings off. If so let me know to hold up and not come out until it's resolved. Sometimes these request even work - not always.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 8/18/13 6:54pm
Msg #480939

Personally, makes no difference to me.

Will I deduct the cost of me printing the docs? Sure. But that's the only cost I'll deduct. This is a business, they're not doing me a favor by having someone else print the docs or mailing them the docs. They're just altering how they want business done. Now with that said, I'll be sitting at the table expecting they understand what they're signing, and if they have any questions regarding something, my answer will more than likely be something along these lines: This is the first I'm seeing these documents; however, I'm sure you looked over them prior to my arriving as I instructed my contact to have you do (and I would most certainly advise SS of this) so that you could contact your LO with those questions.

Not having any perusal time for even a cursory review actually lightened my load. But what about it taking longer? As has been said elsewhere on these forums, I always have another appointment after the one I'm at (mine are usually legitimate since I'm rarely slow). What about them not signing b/c uncertain regarding something? Uh uh, I'm getting paid if I showed up. B/c you change how you do business does not change how I do business. I always have a hungry attorney with more time on his hands than usual b/c he's one of the ones who hates golf. Wink

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.