Notary Rotary
Title Source
Notary Discussion History

Title Source
Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Yoli/CA on 8/21/13 1:30pm
Msg #481400

Title Source

Last week Sunday, I was doing some email marketing to some well-rated companies - including Title Source. That next day, I received a response to a vendor management person at Title Source informing me they haven't been calling me 'cause my BGC expired March 2013 and that they only accept NNA BGC. I responded immediately and sent her my NNA BGC and certification; plus, I updated all my docs on their website.

A little background here: My last signing with TS was December 2011. I inquired several times after that and each time I was told my fees were too high and there were other notaries in my area who work for less.

Well, this Monday I got a call from TS for a Quicken signing tomorrow (Thursday). I accepted. Then, yesterday, they called me again for another signing for next week. Couldn't accommodate for my base fee. Location is through 1-lane mountainous roads at least an hour away. Of course, scheduler won't negotiate on fees.

But, I digress. The point being, several NotRotters have posted they haven't heard from TS in a while. You may want to check to see if your profile and supporting docs are current.

Reply by ananotary on 8/21/13 2:06pm
Msg #481416

Just got an order from them and they have my NR BGC

on file only.

Reply by ToniK on 8/21/13 2:13pm
Msg #481421

I got emails reminding me my insurance expires in sept of this year. But no other issues with my profile. Yet I don't get calls. I get SS calling me for quickens, chase and Pennymac through TS.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 8/21/13 3:27pm
Msg #481446

Yoli, In the Title Source website go to your account. My Account, in the drop down is Supplier Profile, then Service Areas then click on each county you service on the right will be the area you can post your fees for each county. Then there will be no issues- the schedulers can't negotiate but they have to accept your fees posted.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/21/13 4:26pm
Msg #481458

Re: Title Source - Thanks, Ilene

That's already done. However, my base edoc fee for within 15-mile radius is $125. My county alone encompasses more than 15 miles in one direction. So, when they call me for something in my county that happens to be 25 or more miles away, I have to politely decline that signing - especially when that travel is through curvy mountain 1-lane roads AND ... currently, there's a big fire going on in that area (that's only ~50% contained).

2 years ago when I asked about a fee accommodation due to distance, they told me to adjust my fees on their website to cover whatever distance I was willing to travel. I did. They stopped calling me. Fees are too high. So, I finally changed fees back to reflect the distance I'm willing to travel for my base fee for that particular county (I cover several counties). Not going through that again.

I'm really not that nitpicky. For example, the signing I'm doing for them tomorrow is 27.5 miles away. However, it's right off the freeway so I didn't even attempt to haggle. Taking everything into consideration, seems fee is fair -- print only 1 set (74 pages) for signature, I already have docs, advance notice/planning, signing location is directly off freeway and TS pays within 30 days. So, yeah, I accepted it.

Thanks for your willing to help, Ilene!

Reply by Brenda/FL on 8/21/13 6:26pm
Msg #481482

Price changes for Title Source

When I signed in last week this was the message posted:
For any pricing changes or to add additional coverage areas please contact the Vendor Management Team at 888-784-2514 or toll free at 888-848-5355 ext. 44485
Email us at [e-mail address]

Reply by YL/CA on 8/22/13 12:21pm
Msg #481547

Re: Price changes for Title Source

When I got to the fees tab and saw their standard fee of $65 for 1st mortg, I just stop the registration process. As Yoli mentioned $135 for 15 miles radius, their fees are too low. Unless they let us specify our county and fee schedules freely, IMO this is a turn off.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.