Notary Rotary
Titlesource mandatory Note execution training
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 8/14/13 2:37pm
Msg #480488

Got this email. Although this used to be a good company and I was doing high volume with them until Jan 2 2013, havent heard a peep from them but their SS calls for their work in my area. I just see it as pointless to take their "mandatory" training for work I'll never receive. Every month it seems like some new "mandatory" training request. UGH

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 8/14/13 3:01pm
Msg #480492

Hmm.. they've never let me sign on directly with them. They've always referred me to their signing service. Every year I get the same response from them. The SS calls me regularly, and they're nice, but they never meet my fees.

Reply by JPH13/MO on 8/14/13 4:06pm
Msg #480509

It only took a few minutes to do and will stop point &signs! n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/14/13 3:05pm
Msg #480494

I haven't heard from them in months. I agree Toni

I'm not taking mandatory training for a company that's not even calling me.

Also, off subject a bit (but really not) - I got an e-mail from ServiceLink a couple weeks ago - they'll be having 4 webinars that are mandatory for all of their vendors. Another one. Ugh

Reply by ToniK on 8/14/13 3:11pm
Msg #480496

Re: I haven't heard from them in months. I agree Toni

Well for SL, I havent gotten that email. But last training I did for them was the VA requirements and a live seminar when they came to my State.

Reply by Notarysigner on 8/14/13 4:08pm
Msg #480510

So much for being an IC...No wonder I'm not getting any

calls......

Reply by Clem/CA on 8/14/13 8:13pm
Msg #480535

Re: I haven't heard from them in months. I agree Toni

LOL I got the mandatory on line seminar notice, signed up, and low and behold 4 people showed up, I was off at the time so I signed in. This was OK except the trainer never showed up, and never gave notice to the other people that the "seminar" was not going to happen. I emailed my dismay and never got a response back. They probably gave them a pink sip because of the slowdown and didn't bother to finish what he created the job of training new notaries.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/14/13 7:44pm
Msg #480529

See msg. 477471 n/m

Reply by ikando on 8/14/13 8:09pm
Msg #480534

Re: See msg. 477471

I re-read the message and it reminded me of a couple things. 1) It takes time to review and take the test. Time is money in any business. 2) As independent contractors, it is our discretion whether we participate in training. These mandatory trainings remind me of the pre-bid meetings held for government projects. Those are mandatory in order that the jobs are bid correctly. Since we aren't bidding (at least at this point) on posted jobs, how can the trainings of non-employees be mandatory?

JMHO. If anyone wants to participate in training from whomever, as independent contractors, it is their option. However as others have stated, none or few calls in a year from any entity doesn't justify the lost time for me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.