Notary Rotary
Update on possible lost client.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by desktopfull on 8/12/13 3:59pm
Msg #480205

Glad to announce that the company couldn't find any notary in the area to re-sign my closing from last week and backdate. I will be going back out to re-sign the docs the lender messed up on using the current date. Still don't know if I lost the client though for refusing to backdate, time will tell.

Reply by rolomia on 8/12/13 4:47pm
Msg #480211

I'm glad to read that you were able to get the re-sign. Maybe your moral high-ground will be a positive influence on the company that hired you. I just hope that they pay you, too. In my view, any company that lacks moral scruples by asking you to back-date cannot be trusted. However, it is possible that said request was from a new scheduler/recruiter who didn't know better.

Still, I would have turned the order back AND reported said company's illegal back-date request to every agency who may have an interest. But, then, that's just me. My NSA business is slow. But, I'd rather find something else to do than to accept work from corrupt employees at LC's/TC's/SS's.

Reply by Notarysigner on 8/12/13 4:59pm
Msg #480213

you still haven't been paid for either one...let's see what happens.

Reply by desktopfull on 8/12/13 6:25pm
Msg #480223

Just pointing out that the notaries in this area didn't agree to do this and backdate after I refused to backdate. That's a lot of honest notaries in the Orlando area acting as NSA's, kudos to them.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/12/13 6:49pm
Msg #480226

It is good news that FL notaries know not to backdate, and

they have to re-sign. Kudos to all of you! ;-)

Reply by Brenda/FL on 8/12/13 8:40pm
Msg #480239

Re: It is good news that FL notaries know not to backdate, and

I will not backdate, ever! It's a shame that they tried to "shop" around for someone that would. Glad you got the signing back and you are able to do the right thing!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/13/13 1:14pm
Msg #480320

Re: It is good news that FL notaries know not to backdate, and

Both my hats off, saluting those FL notaries that turned down backdating!

Reply by Christine/OK on 8/12/13 7:43pm
Msg #480234

LIKE!! :D n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.