Notary Rotary
Update on title not happy with BO's signature
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 8/21/13 1:49pm
Msg #481407

So I went out and got the husbands doc resigned/notarized and faxed back as requested - gratis, on my dime. Now they want the same doc (signature aff) resigned/notarized by the wife. Now I want compensation. I would have gladly done the wife's at the same time, but to make a separate trip two nights in a row - not gratis. I hope not to loose the SS but this whole thing is nuts and making it into two trips is not going to be free. Do you agree? What do you think is fair to charge, it's fairly close by. Yes, I know it's my business and I can charge .........

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/21/13 1:53pm
Msg #481408

My question is...what doc will they want resigned

tomorrow?

I'd charge for the resign since it's their silly request, and I'd now bill them for the husband's signatures too - I'd also tell them to call me when they've COMPLETELY reviewed the package and I can make one trip back out there...for a fee of $xx plus notarization fee.

Good grief.

Reply by ikando on 8/21/13 2:13pm
Msg #481420

Re: My question is...what doc will they want resigned

You've already been chastised for taking responsibility one time when it wasn't yours to take. If it were me, I would do as Linda suggested. If they expect you to fix their issue, regardless of how close or far, it still takes your time. Your time should be worth something, especially when you've already given some away. You can bet the title or SS employees are being paid to call you to go back to fix it for them.

Also as Linda commented, ask them if the documents have been reviewed totally so that they have all they need to complete the closing before you go back out.

What do the signers think of your return trips? Hopefully their contacts aren't blaming the return trips as being your fault. That would be adding insult to the injuries you've already sustained.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 8/21/13 2:24pm
Msg #481424

I agree with Linda. Also which signing service is this? Do you care to mention their name so we can be aware of what they may do to any of us?

Reply by Belinda/CA on 8/21/13 2:38pm
Msg #481427

I Can Do = ikando = great alias. n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/21/13 2:24pm
Msg #481425

I agree with Linda H/FL and ikando. Have them check all docs and charge them for this additional service. What do you usually charge for having 1 doc signed -- i.e. Grant Deed, Subordination, etc.? Personally, if I'm traveling within a 15 mile radius, I charge $50; longer distances command larger fee; fax/scan-backs, an additional fee (I have to return home, scan and then go back out to ship = equals more time, use of my equipment and auto use).

JMHPO

Reply by MW/VA on 8/21/13 4:46pm
Msg #481460

I agree 100%. Don't let this co. jerk you around like this.

Your time is valuable, and return trips aren't free. I still can't believe they wanted it re-signed, and at your expense. Unbelievable! ;-(

Reply by Notarysigner on 8/21/13 3:04pm
Msg #481436

Something is wrong with this entire request..Question, how many name variations were there on each sig AFF?

Reply by RonnieB/NC on 8/21/13 3:08pm
Msg #481438

The last time I did this was for a couple who were separated. Ex-wife signed at the house one day, and the husband signed the next day. I got paid $xxx twice for that signing.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/21/13 3:40pm
Msg #481449

It appears to me that your over-whelming concern is for

the SS instead of your own business.

Yesterday you didn't answer fully any questions put to you to attempt to determine just what it is that was wrong, how, why, etc.
Today you aren't answering either - it is as though your concern is to not upset the SS, and keep some business. I don't see any clarifications from you so I suspect you really only want answers that will mirror your expectations.

JMNSHO

Reply by Susan Fischer on 8/21/13 11:19pm
Msg #481507

Mrs Borrower: "Let me get this straight. We signed the docs

in front of a Notary Public. Now, you want us to re-sign ~separately~ because our signatures must be independently 'duplicated' on this Real Estate transaction - with the self-same Notary Public? This is unbelievable.

Our Notary Public was a Witness to our Signing, still, in good faith, my husband "complied" with your odd and confounding request. Now you demand I stoop too. I asked our Notary if she were getting recompensed, since she's become such a frequent visitor, but her only concern was being available and did I want to schedule my "re-sign."

Far from resigned, now, we are more than irritated, we are angry. Why are you doing this? What is your motive? There is no problem. If you can't trust the State Authority - the Notaries Public - what's your point?

So, no. By the way, how do we know that the re-signed docs are *exactly* the same ones?

No. Show us a plausible reason to deny this transaction, or sign off. For our part, we're legal on this deal.

Oh, and pay our Notary Public for such excellent service. We value our professionals and our Public Servants, and so should you.

We haven't exercised our Right to Cancel. You don't have one."

Reply by Darlin_AL on 8/22/13 11:25am
Msg #481537

Re: Mrs Borrower: "Let me get this straight. We signed the docs

as to the last comment, yes "they" can cancel as there's verbiage that if the lender makes a determination of negative information re:borrowers, they can cancel the loan. Then there's those pesky 3-6 forms that include the verbiage & are "Compliance" back-ups. So, yes, borrowers can cancel via ROR. Primary focus here is the notary trotting back & forth w/no $$ discussed. But, IF it was one of my good clients & NOT a lot of travel, I would not demand extra $-- at first go round.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 8/22/13 11:58am
Msg #481543

Obviously I'm coming from Mrs Borrower's point of view. I

also mentioned paying the Notary for duplicated work - they already signed the docs. You apparently missed my points.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.