Very sad news about the UPS plane crash. Both pilot &
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by MW/VA on 8/14/13 1:41pm
Msg #480474

co-pilot were killed.
I couldn't help but wonder how many pkgs. of loan docs might have been on that plane. It was a cargo flight, so I'm not sure if it was carrying Express pkgs.
Reminded me of the movie from a few years ago with Tom Hanks in "Castaway".

Reply by 101livescan on 8/14/13 1:46pm
Msg #480477

Prayers to their families. I don't have anything in transit...my new seals etc. for commission renewal won't ship til end of week.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 8/14/13 1:51pm
Msg #480479

WHAT is wrong w/you and me who considered...

'my stuff ships OUT of Bham, this plane was coming IN, phew". Mainly I was relieved that they didn't hit all the neighborhoods in the immediate area. Then, of course, I reflected upon the fate of the pilots & their loved ones, said a prayer for them, as my husband was a pilot for many years & I'm well aware of the risks.

Reply by Eve/VA on 8/14/13 2:20pm
Msg #480485

I was saddened by it too n/m

Reply by ikando on 8/14/13 7:52pm
Msg #480531

My thoughts were the same as all of you combined. Living within 1000 feet of the end of the runway for the region's airport, I regularly worry about how a crash would affect my neighborhood. And I know that plane was incoming, but the packages are usually bundled from a variety of places to be sorted out to another variety of places. Any given package could be going anywhere on any UPS or FED-X transport, whether plane or truck.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.