Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
When to accept a low fee from SS (below $100)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 8/1/13 5:39pm
Msg #478943

Borrower prints the docs,

Borrower comes to notary's office for the signing

Borrower figures out where to sign and initial independently everything that does not require a notarial instrument

Borrower faxes back the docs

Borrowers drops the doc at FedEx/UPS/Ontrac by same day or next day deadline

Based on per signature per notarization and $25 onsite facility charge, and $25 for oath administration.

Did I leave anything out?

Reply by Barbara___IL on 8/1/13 5:40pm
Msg #478944

I love it! n/m

Reply by Morgan/PghPA on 8/2/13 6:37pm
Msg #479118

Re: I love it!

Brilliant!!!

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 8/2/13 10:19am
Msg #479040

LIKE!! n/m

Reply by Christine/OK on 8/2/13 10:53am
Msg #479043

LIKE!! :D n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/2/13 6:10pm
Msg #479114

Funny. I made a similar quote to SS who called me for modification with low fee. They found someone else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, 101. Have I missed something? Please explain the "$25 for oath administration." If I understand it correctly (and, I may be wrong) the Jurat fee includes the oath. Now, if we were talking deposition, then we may charge separately for an oath. At least, that's my interpretation. But, you mention "borrower" not "witness." Our CA notary Handbook states:

"8211. Fees
Fees charged by a notary public for the following services shall not exceed the fees prescribed
by this section.
(a) For taking an acknowledgment or proof of a deed, or other instrument, to include the seal
and the writing of the certificate, the sum of ten dollars ($10) for each signature taken.
(b) For administering an oath or affirmation to one person and executing the jurat, including
the seal, the sum of ten dollars ($10).
(c) For all services rendered in connection with the taking of any deposition, the sum of
twenty dollars ($20), and in addition thereto, the sum of five dollars ($5) for administering the
oath to the witness and the sum of five dollars ($5) for the certificate to the deposition."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.