Notary Rotary
Wonder if my backup will do the job
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 8/6/13 8:34am
Msg #479357

Had a signing yesterday for one of my big clients, The spouse's ID was 1 1/2 years expired and I did not take it. She has medical issues and the company would get someone else to do this. I wonder who in Ocean County will do this one.

I should of known this would of been a bad deal, waited 20 minutes outside home and as I was walking away he pulled in, spouse was bed ridden. I suggested he should get a POA with her condition to make things easy for them.. He did not want to hear that.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/6/13 8:49am
Msg #479358

How's he going to get a POA without her having a valid ID? n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 8/6/13 8:50am
Msg #479359

Also, some states allow acceptance of ID is expired under 5

years. Is that the case in NJ?

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/6/13 9:28am
Msg #479369

Credible witness(es)? n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/6/13 12:30pm
Msg #479384

Re: Credible witness(es)?

Nothing set in stone in NJ, the ID was issued 5.5 years ago and expired for a year and half. As for CW would need to know me and them. No go. I am sure someone will ok the expired ID and do the signing. Was not comfortable being expired so long.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 8/6/13 11:06am
Msg #479377

Re: How's he going to get a POA without her having a valid ID?

You could use a credible witness for her, or witnesses. Most states have procedures for people who cannot sign. In Alabama, there is a certification format for "signed by another". Your "backup" may not be your backup anymore......

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.