Notary Rotary
You could have heard a pin drop.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Buddy Young on 8/5/13 2:39pm
Msg #479283

I did a signing on Friday at 3:00 PM and dropped the package at 4. The last pickup time for our small community is 3 PM and we do not have weekend pickups here.

I get a call Monday from signing service wanting to know where the package is. I explain the pickup times to her and tell her that the package hasn't even been picked up. She asked me if I dropped at a maned location? I did. She asked me if I could go get it and fax some pages in. I told her I could but it was not in the instuctions and it would cost her another $25 since it was only 4 miles from my home.

Reply by Larry/IL on 8/5/13 3:00pm
Msg #479291

ONLY $25 n/m

Reply by Larry/IL on 8/5/13 3:02pm
Msg #479292

Re: ONLY $25

$25 might have covered the faxing. The trip would have been another $25 at 4 miles that would have been two extra trips.

Reply by Roger_OH on 8/5/13 3:28pm
Msg #479295

Investment Property?

If this was an investment property, they should have provided you faxback instructions prior to dropping the package, especially with limited pickup times.

If not an investment, the RTC period runes thru Tuesday, which is when they'll have the package back, so not sure why they feel an urgency.

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/5/13 3:29pm
Msg #479296

Re: Purchase n/m

Reply by KentCan on 8/5/13 4:17pm
Msg #479303

EXACTLY!

Buddy, you did the right thing by demanding an additional fee, but you didn't go high enough. If you had NOT closed this loan, but were simply asked to drive somewhere, fax some documents, and drive home, would you do that for $25? I wouldn't...unless it was less than a mile away. You didn't owe this company anything! We as a group need to get out of this mindset that we are at the beck and call of every lender, title company, and signing service out there!

Reply by jba/fl on 8/5/13 8:13pm
Msg #479330

I think in the future you need to tell the hiring party

what your drop off situation is so that if a purchase, they have notice the package will not be there on Monday am.

I also do not think you asked for enough to retrieve the package, if even possible, fax/scan, then return to go out. But, this is not the real issue here. Paragraph one is the real issue - this was to have funded already and now can not.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/5/13 8:26pm
Msg #479333

I'm honestly surprised that faxbacks weren't

required for this package since it was a purchase. I imagine there are some not so happy campers out there today.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/5/13 9:26pm
Msg #479337

Re: I'm honestly surprised that faxbacks weren't

Probably west coast to east coast, 3pm - wait till Monday. But, should have emphasized return for Monday or fax/scan back. Total miscommunication on all sides. (sorry Buddy)

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/5/13 10:11pm
Msg #479345

I asked during the assignment if there would be fax backs and the answer was NO.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/5/13 11:28pm
Msg #479349

I don't doubt that at all. I do think they were probably expecting docs though on Monday which is why there is miscommunication there. Sometimes, because I get 6 day service until 7:30 pm I think everyone does. That could be the case here. Well - another experience for your resume. LOL

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/6/13 4:00am
Msg #479352

"The last pickup time for our small community is 3 PM and we do not have weekend pickups here."

Sounds like a lot of assuming going on... Since your cutoff time is earlier than in many places and you have no weekend service, you may want to make a point of letting your clients know this before the appointment, when it looks like docs might be needed right away.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 8/6/13 5:12pm
Msg #479417

Buddy you're worth more than $25 for what they asked! It IS

the job of the TC or LO to let you know when they need docs IMO (especially when signing on Fri pm). Often I have back to backs on Fri - they sometimes just assume you're schedule puts you at their beck & call! Next time: $25 - trip plus $25 - faxbacks!

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/6/13 5:19pm
Msg #479418

<<<I did a signing on Friday at 3:00 PM and dropped the package at 4. The last pickup time for our small community is 3 PM and we do not have weekend pickups here.>>>

Going forward, you might consider that *every* Friday loan signing that's past the cutoff time for shipment gets scanned into a password protected, encrypted file - whether or not fax backs were requested. This is a precaution in case the instructions do not say fax backs, yet they change their mind and want fax backs, as in this situation. Better to have something and not need it, than to need it and not have it. JMHO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.