Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
hl-5470DWT question regarding margins......
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2013 Index

Posted by Mung/CA on 8/9/13 1:51pm
Msg #479831

BTW - I have already searched. Anyone know how to adust the right margin? A lot of times tc's will scan the docs and they are too far to the right. I could print "shrink to fit" but that sometimes makes the printed area too small for my taste. I haven't contacted Brother yet. Thought someone here might know. Thanks.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 8/9/13 3:26pm
Msg #479846

My understanding is the pdf as scanned dictates what will print; i.e., if it is crooked or left edge almost cut off. For the cutoff vertical edge I experiment with print current page +fit+actual+shrink to fit. When some of the forms have been poorly scanned, all we can do is print what we get. I do not "reduce", but you can do that. some docs are not allowed to be reduced. I have noted the vital docs are always 100% there. A ups label page had to be "fit" and not "actual" because the latter did cut off the left edge with that all-important bar code.

What I have seen last 2 pkgs of refis is a "folio" size page (8 1/2 x 13") that the machine cant print when you select "choose paper source by pdf page size". The workaround is go to the bad page, where your printer stopped printing & gave error msg, print "current page w/shrink to fit" on legal. Then pickup printing where it left off. It is a hassle & time-consuming interruption.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.