Notary Rotary
Adobe X
Notary Discussion History

Adobe X
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by bob/IA on 2/18/13 4:37pm
Msg #456403

Adobe X

Does anyone know if they ever fixed the problem of Adobe X cutting off legal page size docs?

Reply by sueharke on 2/18/13 4:50pm
Msg #456409

There have been some security issues with Adobe Reader recently. It has been recommended by Kim Komando, a computer expert, that computer users find another PDF reader. She specifically mentioned Nitro PDF reader. I have at least 3 PDF readers on my computer and from what I've seen

1. Some programs will only work with Abode (my tax reference software on my laptop and desktop)
2. E-notarizations require IE and Adobe reader and Windows software.
3. Some programs don't care what PDF reader is used.

Thus the solution maybe to not use Abode reader.

Reply by Bear900/CA on 2/18/13 6:23pm
Msg #456424

Foxit is a free reader I used for a short time and it worked well but I believe it wanted to change all my PDF’s to its format.

I dumped it and purchased Nitro Pro several years ago. A few of us are experiencing problems opening some Adobe PDF’s and Nitro has come to the rescue. The PDF will remain Adobe but you can open it with nitro. It allows you to edit, merge, separate and convert to Word and back. Pretty slick. Was about $100.

Reply by Pam/NM on 2/19/13 10:36am
Msg #456499

On PAW's advice

a few years back I downloaded Nitro Primo (free version). I really like the functionality, and the fact that it's free. I miss Paul.... Frown

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.