Notary Rotary
Brother MFC7840W printing issue
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by kcg on 2/3/13 4:02pm
Msg #453817

My trusty printer was humming along just beautifully but last week it started leaving toner residue on the page graying starting from left hand side and after a few pages got darker and covered more of the page. I searched the manual and of course the only thing it would say was that it was either the cartridge or drum. Drum fairly new but I figured cartridge may have started leaking and I wasn't about to put a new cartridge into a drum that may have toner spilled in it so I put in brand new cartridge and drum. Same problem.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I am using the remanufactured toners and drums.

TIA

Reply by SReis on 2/3/13 6:10pm
Msg #453834

I had similar prob and it ended up being my fuser. Was cheaper to just buy a new printer than fix. Hoping this isn't your problem. You could always buy eom products and test it that way but you will be out the $$ if it ends up still being the fuser. Good luck!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 2/3/13 7:57pm
Msg #453843

Hopefully, it's not time to replace your printer. Before you go through that expense, you may want to try a few inexpensive trials.

1. Clean the corona wire
2. In case of toner spill inside your machine, using an air compressor or canned air, clean out the machine (preferably outdoors)
3. You stated you're using other than OEM products. If the new toner cartridge is from the same place as the cartridge you started having problems with, you may want to try another vendor's product (i.e. you started with LD Products, you may want to try a cartridge from SuperMediaStore -- these are just examples).
4. Print a couple of pages from another source or application (i.e. your problem started when printing a loan package from BofA through Adobe; print something from Word or from Excel)
5. Turn off printer and allow to rest for about 3 hours

If problem persists, google brought me to following vendor for the fuser. I've never used them; I'm not endorsing them. Amazon has same or higher prices.

http://www.quikshiptoner.com/catalog/brother-mfc-7840w-fuser-unit

Good luck!

Reply by kcg on 2/3/13 10:30pm
Msg #453851

Thanks for your suggestions...I will try to blow it out tomorrow with compressed air.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.