Notary Rotary
Chicago Title
Notary Discussion History

Chicago Title
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by chuckie on 2/21/13 9:29am
Msg #456823

Chicago Title

Yesterday I recieved a call from a SS asking if I covered a certain area. I said yes and then he asked if I was approved by Chicago Title? I said I have done work for them but was unaware that they had a list of approved notaries. He said if I was on their list I would know it. I have always worked for CT through a SS so I don't know if I'm on a list or not. Anybody else know about this list????

Reply by 101livescan on 2/21/13 9:35am
Msg #456827

You need to be sponsored by a Chicago Title Escrow Officer in your local CTT office. They have a battery of documentation for you to complete, $100K E&O requirements, etc.

Reply by ananotary on 2/21/13 11:56am
Msg #456888

101livescan- What a difference being on the approved lists

for the big players makes, right? That has increased my business tremendously and I am so happy for it. Hard work pays off!

Reply by RickG/CA on 2/21/13 9:49am
Msg #456832

Yes and it's updated monthly. If your commission/e&o/etc expires and you haven't contacted them to update, you may be off the list. Once on the list, you're good to go with affiliates as well.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/21/13 9:53am
Msg #456834

BancServ is used by Chicago Title but if you burn that

bridge, I'm afraid you won't be put back on ANY of their lists. Too many headaches and bending over backwards for them, and the witch I delt with at CTT, was always rude and condescending as hell.

I'm so glad I left that bridge burning...lol! Wink

Reply by 101livescan on 2/21/13 10:09am
Msg #456839

Re: BancServ is used by Chicago Title but if you burn that

BANCSERV is a $50 company in my area, and there are notaries who drive from 30 miles away from here who will work for that fee. Not me though. Our local tc's don't like BS and will only use them in emergency.

I don't even take their calls which are usually at month end.

Reply by Pam/NM on 2/21/13 11:26am
Msg #456862

That's not been my experience

Wow..here Bancserv is $xxx routinely, with minimal hand holding and checks 2x a month like clockwork. I would work for them any time. Isn't it odd how different regions seem to be approached by the various SS?

Reply by Kenny Services - Dawn on 2/21/13 11:24am
Msg #456860

Carrie, I could not agree with you more. I am in the Suburbs of Chicago, and I do alot of closings at several different CT offices in cook and will county. Most of them are rude as heck, I only have two offices of CT that I enjoy going to, where the people that work there are nice. I don't know what their problem is but, they tend to look down on us as closing agents and I believe they are told not play nice with us be, when I walk in, I hold my head up high, I am pleasant, professional, i do my job, and leave smiling and upbeat (I know its aggravates them).

Dawn

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 2/21/13 12:38pm
Msg #456903

Both Bancserv and Chicago Title are wholly owned subsidiaries of Fidelity Financial. Fidelity Financial also owns Fidelity National Title.

Chicago Title does not have its own approved list. I believe they just use the Fidelity approved list.

If you do a Chicago Title signing through a signing service, the service must be an approved vender on the Fidelity list. If an individual is giving a Chicago Title signing assignment by an escrow officer and that individual is not on the Fidelity approved vendor list, the EO risks losing their job. They are very strict about using only approved vendors.

Reply by ToniK on 2/21/13 11:28am
Msg #456863

I did one closing for them through bancserv and I got a nasty nasty phone call from an Escrow agent talking about I wasnt approved and they had requested an approved notary. I told them I was hired by bancserv and no one asked if I was approved on any list. Not my issue, take it up with bancserv. Have a nice day!

Reply by Resilient/MD on 2/21/13 11:50am
Msg #456882

I have done several Bancserv's and they have always met my fee $XXX. No issues with them. They can send me more.

Reply by Kenny Services - Dawn on 2/21/13 12:30pm
Msg #456900

The issue is not bancserv. They are great. The issue we are discussing is Chicago Title.

Reply by 101livescan on 2/21/13 3:38pm
Msg #456951

With Bancserv, it is a regional issue. They find out where they can push the envelope and hold fast. I just won't talk with them any more. They will call me six times in a day!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.