Notary Rotary
Craziest week I've ever had since I started 10 years ago
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 2/24/13 9:11pm
Msg #457580

Has there been some fundamental change in the mortgage industry this month that escaped my attention?

I have never wanted to work too hard; I'm retired, and really only interested in doing a limited number of signings for TCs, lenders and SSs which want the fillip (yes it is; look it up) of a retired attorney talking to their borrowers. As a consequence, I don't really do any marketing; mostly I just nap by the mousehole till something emerges.

This EOM is like none I have experienced. I got four offers to close in a 5 p.m. Friday time slot that had been filled a couple of days earlier. Then the TC rescheduled, royally pissing me off. Not to worry, though; I got three other offers after the rescheduling and a fourth from Mortgage Connect, which you can't really count because it was Mortgage Connect. This was on top of a continuing stream of calls about closings earlier in the day which I also had to decline, since I was booked.

The day wasn't over, though. Received a call while having dinner at 6:30 p.m. for an out-of-town signing at 10 p.m.

Things have taken a really nasty turn when work interferes with naptime. Anybody remember the good old days when you could count on some afternoon shuteye without the phone ringing incessantly?

Reply by 101livescan on 2/24/13 9:18pm
Msg #457584

Never had nap times...would like to experience...I've been napping off and on all day. Fasting and relaxing...EOM almost done...heading to bed early, up early for exercise and then into town for a crazy day.

Every day last week was crazy, yesterday was nuts too. No two same days, they are all unpredictable and changeable, last minute HUD substitutes, add'l docs for closing. Being highly tooled has it's downside.

Reply by grapebed on 2/24/13 9:57pm
Msg #457592

Very disappointing EOM. Sophomore Slump.

I had a very disappointing EOM. Some of that was due to the weather. I need to shuffle the deck of my business plan.

Second year in business. I have hit my "sophomore slump".

Reply by Buddy Young on 2/24/13 10:40pm
Msg #457603

I approach this business the same way Hugh does. I'm retired also and only want to do limited signings.

Reply by Leona Greenlow-Turner on 2/25/13 12:29am
Msg #457610

I'm not retired but when I need peace I have to turn my phone off or it will drive me crazy. I always get the calls when I'm booked, at another signing, or a 2 hr drive. Currently, I have a double booking that I need to rectify. I didn't have my schedule in front of me at the time I accepted the assignment ugh.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.