Notary Rotary
Data Quick
Notary Discussion History

Data Quick
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by supersigner on 2/8/13 3:19pm
Msg #454830

Data Quick

Had a closing for Data Quick for today. Docs weren't ready on time for the closing. I told them I needed the docs within a half hour or else I could not do that closing. It would still be a half hour late. I was told that if I cancelled it would reflect the number of closings they assign to me. ( I did only a few a year for them anyway.) To reiterate, I was going to be punished for the fact they could not keep their commitment to me! I said that is fine.... Go ahead... I don't need you anyway... Which is true.
We are expecting a blizzard tonight and I won't have the pleasure of driving during rush hour in a blizzard!

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 2/8/13 7:18pm
Msg #454882

I lack the ability to formulate this in either S or P Logic

here, but I'll give it a go in the English language.

If you commit to signing our loan then we will send you more loan signings.
It is false that I can commit to signing your loan because your documents are not ready by abc time.
Well, good sir, if it is false that you can commit to signing our loan because our documents are not ready by abc time, then it is false that we can send you more loan signings.

This logic is fallacious. A statement form of If...then is classified as a conditional one. (if p then q) (p->q)
The only way a conditional statement can ever logically be proven false is when the antecedent (the part that comes after the 'if') is a false statement. That is so in this case. However, the consequent (the bit after the 'then') has changed due to the changing of the antecedent...Either way when both antecedent and consequent are false the whole statement is true.

This statement is true, but trivially because there was an assumed premise. Namely you were not aware of the fact that their answer would change dependent upon their lack of an ability keep a commitment. As such the whole statement changes to this:
I can do your signing if and only if you have documents to me on time. (we now have a biconditional which requires a necessary and sufficient condition be met.) Either way, their answer still changed, not yours.

TLDR? They just told you "neener neener neener!" Smile, chuckle and move on with your life Wink

Reply by 101livescan on 2/9/13 8:23am
Msg #454954

Over the years, I've noticed that Dataquick's piece of the market pie has become smaller and smaller, they are not a big player, so you haven't lost much...I had the same experience with them recently...docs did not show up until the time of the signing appointment. I was thirty minutes late due to printing and travel time, and in a complete tizzy because it caused the rest of my signings to be delayed, and I felt just awful and frustrated with Dataquick. Who needs their drama. I'll pass. I have a way better contingency than DQ.

Reply by ToniK on 2/9/13 9:12am
Msg #454962

I no longer accept dataquick signings. Too much drama. One time I accepted a signings from them, it was in a remote place in the mountains. It was late at night and they sent docs late. I had printed and ran to the appointment and got there an hour late. Sat at the table and realized that the signing for Shaw was the wrong docs. The BO last name was Shaw BUT they didnt own property in Pennsylvania. So I call Dataquick and inform them of the incorrect docs even though it did have the correct name on it, they asked if they sent me new docs could the BO print it out. The BO said they dont have a laser printer and didnt have legal paper. So DQ said inkjet was fine. BO didnt have any toner for inkjet and I was not waiting around for an inkjet to print out 140 pgs of docs. So I told them they need to reschedule with this flub up. The lady got irate and said I was screwing up and they couldnt find someone so late in the evening and I should go home and print then come back out. They would not pay an additional fee. I declined and left. I had a tough time getting paid for the flub but I eventually did. UGH

Reply by 101livescan on 2/9/13 9:17am
Msg #454964

Amateur hour at its finest, huh Toni....gotta luv these "professionals".

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.