Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Didn't know how to make it any more clear...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Pam/NM on 2/7/13 10:31am
Msg #454508

Docs o/n to borrowers. He is a car sales mgr, she a real estate agent. Both "know all the docs inside out." And they've rec'd them earlier in the day. Didn't like the HUD. Title sent 3 different revised HUDS throughout the day. Wanted me to print out the last one and have b/o use that one (still estimated figures, mind you). We get about 3/4 through the signing and the Itemization of Amount Financed lines didn't match the figures on the 4th HUD...of course it didn't. Itemization was printed the day before and overnighted to borrowers with the rest of the package. Figures had changed 3 more times since then. Mr--who was the one who was adamant that the figures HAD to match the HUD couldn't get it in his head that the figures had changed since the original Itemization was printed. When the HUD was re-printed, the Itemization figures should change too. He actually thought that once the HUD changed, the figures on the Itemization that had been printed the day before would magically transform into the most current. I tried to explain it five ways to Sunday, but we might as well have been speaking Pekingnese. Of course, no one available for him to call, out of state, non-owner occupied property and no RTC. And he thought that once the #'s were updated on the HUD, the paper would change and automatically update on the Itemization. Is there an app for that? And they walk among us. Sorry, just venting.

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 2/7/13 10:37am
Msg #454509

If there were no funds to close required (which could be withheld until figures were correct to the borrower's satisfaction) and no RTC to buy time to get things corrected, there is no way I would sign the docs either.

I can appreciate the borrowers perspective on this one.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/7/13 10:38am
Msg #454512

If the itemization changes, doesn't the TIL too?

possibly requiring a new 3-day disclosure period?

Just a thought.

Reply by Pam/NM on 2/7/13 10:48am
Msg #454517

Re: If the itemization changes, doesn't the TIL too?

Prepaids remained the same, as did APR, so TIL didn't change...funny but after looking at the HUD that they were originally sent with the first package, I could find NOTHING different, other than the notary closing fee was now rolled into "title admin fees" instead of being on a separate line. (I honestly never even printed out the two inbetween). So it didn't match the Itemization in the first place. I understand his reluctance and wouldn't have wanted to sign either, but the funny part was that he actually expected that the numbers on the paper should have LITERALLY switched when the new one was printed. He wanted the update to have happened automatically. Couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that the doc he held in his hand was printed yesterday and the HUD today so there was no way the Itemization could have been changed without them sending over a new one. The guy thought that once it was typed into the HUD, the Itemization he held would physically change to reflect the new figures.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.