Notary Rotary
Do you charge extra for fax backs?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Terri Arcieri on 2/23/13 10:50am
Msg #457278

I have a company who I have closed over 20 transactions for, suddenly they want me to start faxing about 30 documents back to them before I drop the pkg. Note, I have never had a problem with any of my signings in the past. I told them I want an additional fee for the extra work of faxing back before I drop the package. Do any of you charge extra for fax backs and is this a common request or is this company just micro managing?

Reply by desktopfull on 2/23/13 10:54am
Msg #457281

Use the Orange search button, discussed weekly almost.

I don't fax anymore, I use a scanner for these requests and many charge additional fees for the extra work & time involved.

Reply by janCA on 2/23/13 10:56am
Msg #457282

Of course charge, and it is probably a lender requirement. There is only one client of mine that I do not charge for faxbacks and that is TS. They pay me well enough, I don't have to charge extra and it's not all that often. Depends on what "their" client wants.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 2/23/13 11:31am
Msg #457290

I refuse to do fax backs for reg refi's. Not necessary IMO. I will do it for a purchase, investment properties and same day funding only. And yes, I chg extra depending on if its the entire pkg of just a few.

Reply by ananotary on 2/23/13 12:28pm
Msg #457295

I charge extra, yes. I do not pick out the pages they want

individually. I scan the entire package and email it. They can fish through it for the documents they want.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 2/23/13 1:07pm
Msg #457298

Re: I charge extra, yes. I do not pick out the pages they want

Yes, I charge extra. If they're willing to pay for the extra service, I don't care if it's a refi or whatever. As ananotary, I also scan-back the entire package (and never had a complaint about it). Takes less time than going thru package (again) to fish out the forms they want and then putting them back in their specific order. I understand some NP's simply stack the fax/scan-backs on top of package. That's all fine and dandy. However, some of these TC's want package back in original stacking order. By this stage of the game, I've already handled the package:

1. when printed and prepped,
2. when presenting to borrowers,
3. when reviewing for QC,
4. to scan-back

Handling that fifth time for pulling certain docs and then that sixth time for re-stacking into original order ... why?

JMO

Reply by BossLadyMD on 2/24/13 10:46am
Msg #457441

Yes, I charge extra for faxbacks. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.