Notary Rotary
Docgirl - 4 Signings Completed by 1:00 PM
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Susan DeMarco on 2/4/13 6:37pm
Msg #453989

Question - did you have all of the docs the night before ? They must have been pretty close to each other in respect to distance ? What time of the day did you start ? How long at the table on each job ? Were there fax backs ?

Reply by Philip Johnson on 2/4/13 6:52pm
Msg #453991

Why does it matter Susan?

There are a quite a few folks on this site that claim eight or more signings a day at no less than $150.00 a pop. Bully for them, and how they run their business. The major word in that is THEIR, we all run somewhat different businesses, and what Docgirl does in California or what you do in your area has very little effect on what I do in rural SW Washington.

I take everything I read on this site with a Dead Sea load of salt, even my own posts I do the same. I'd suggest you do to.

Reply by pdl/cali on 2/4/13 8:00pm
Msg #454001

Re: Why does it matter Susan?

Susan is curious, as I am as well.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 2/4/13 9:31pm
Msg #454019

I do see ur point, but raise a "why doesn't it?"

Though I also agree with the approach to take it all with a grain of salt. Inclusive of a "Dead Sea load" of it. Wink

Reply by Gary Boehm on 2/4/13 8:53pm
Msg #454008

Um...

Not that this is a contest lol but I took overflow for a local title company for about a year. They scheduled signings every 20 minutes! Their packages were all about 60 pages for one of three local banks. You were supposed to have filled in the dates ahead of time and even signed your name (if you had enough time LOL).

It was just "Sign here, sign here, sign here... NEXT!"

They didn't pay much per signing but they gave me all of their OUTSIDE signings (in banks around the area) which they did not want to go out and do. Those they paid decent fees. So worth it overall.

Reply by A S Johnson on 2/5/13 9:21am
Msg #454063

Re: Um...

"You were supposed to have filled in the dates ahead of time and even signed your name (if you had enough time LOL)."
Calf Notary rules must be different than Texas. I did NOT think you should sign before the borrower signed. You did not say when you Notary stamped them.

Reply by Gary Boehm on 2/5/13 10:57am
Msg #454071

Re: Um...

OF COURSE I did not stamp them yet, silly goose lol. I almost put that in my message but I was sure everyone would know I would not do that. A signed document means nothing without the stamp and the documents were in my possession the whole time (< 3 minutes before the signing).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.