Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Due to popular demand about the T/C that threatened me....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by grapebed on 2/27/13 1:39pm
Msg #458194

I have had countless private messages about the name of the Title Company that threatened me if I asked for more than the base.

First American Title (FASS)

Base Fee: $50.00 to include travel

eDoc: $15-$25
TOTAL MAX: $75.00

If I continually asked for more $$$ , i was told i would br dropped by the T/C

I was shocked.

Reply by ananotary on 2/27/13 1:42pm
Msg #458196

Isn't FASS a signing service for FATCO? n/m

Reply by Jessica/FL on 2/27/13 1:45pm
Msg #458198

Re: Isn't FASS a signing service for FATCO?

Yes, it is.

Reply by Roger_OH on 2/27/13 1:54pm
Msg #458201

FASS is notorious for dropping even longtime NSAs...

if you take any issue with them on signing procedures or fee concerns.

No loss - lots of other good companies out there.

Reply by Treasure Valley Notary - Tina on 2/27/13 2:15pm
Msg #458207

Just Got a Call From Them

They just called me a few minutes ago. I rarely hear from them. The girl was talking on extra speed. So fast that I couldn't make out what she was saying, and I lived in the south for a lot of years. I told her twice to slow down and say it again. They want me to drive for 1 1/2 hours one direction for $125. Sorry that is my base fee for local signings and that distant is not local. I charge at least $200 for that request. She was appalled and even stated so. No problem. Next. 4 signings this week alone paid well over that fee. Yes, I traveled. My car, my gas, my printer, my computer . . . you get the point. Oh yea, my fees. The key to not just being in business . . . but staying in business . . . is to know how much it costs you to do business. It is not what the companies want to pay you. IF you don't make a profit, then find another industry. The IRS expects us to make a profit, or they consider it a hobby.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 2/27/13 2:33pm
Msg #458209

Well said, Tina!!! n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 2/27/13 3:14pm
Msg #458219

Very well said!

And the point about the IRS is so true.

My taxes were just done this week and I wanted to just cry at the vehicle expense deduction alone. I do not even want to discuss how many loan signings I have to do to cover just that one expense. It sure isn't a small handful.

My poor 14 year old Honda may finally go in to business retirement next month. Frown While it still gets amazing gas mileage, it needs to go in for repairs and maintenance. I'm finally biting the bullet and shopping for a new (to me) business vehicle. Sadly, I need to find something with 4WD to handle some of the rough terrain of my area. Little sedans don't do well on rough and tumble dirt roads.

FASS stopped bothering with me a long time ago. I refuse to apologize to them about my fees. They don't realize that we all have very different areas and expenses that we deal with and one set of fees does NOT fit all.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 2/27/13 2:39pm
Msg #458210

I would imagine the majority of us knew it was FASS. Fits

their M.O.

Reply by Jack/AL on 2/27/13 3:00pm
Msg #458214

They dropped me without a hug or a kiss............

more than one year ago. That was once one of my most frequent clients, for several months. We did not have any disputes over pay, and I don't think my charge was excessive or low, nor was I asked to reduce it. My checks came, on time, without problems. I just abruptly stopped hearing from them. I assume they found someone with lower rates, but am surprised if that person is still doing them cheaply and still in the business. I'm in north Alabama. It might just be that they don't have many signings here, but they did for a couple of years, of which I am aware.

Reply by ananotary on 2/28/13 12:02am
Msg #458351

Shouldn't this really say "SS that threatened me"? This whole time I was thinking you were given these fees directily from FATCO, Fidelity, Old Republic or one of the other big ones.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.