Notary Rotary
E & O policy info requested routinely as part of pkg. Does
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by HrdwrkrVA on 2/20/13 1:56pm
Msg #456683

anyone else think this is a bad idea? Only certain companies request this. The best analogy I can come up with is: If you tapped someone w/ your car & there was no damage, would you still exchange ins info... just in case? That might not be the est analogy, but does this make anyone think twice???

Reply by Barbara___IL on 2/20/13 2:04pm
Msg #456687

I've never understood it or liked it.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 2/20/13 2:09pm
Msg #456688

makes sense to me. if you had a contractor work on your home

would you want to know that they are licensed and insured? I would and to me this is basically the same.

Reply by Barbara___IL on 2/20/13 2:23pm
Msg #456690

Re: makes sense to me. if you had a contractor work on your home

We are usually not working directly for them.

Reply by Resilient/MD on 2/20/13 2:24pm
Msg #456691

Re: makes sense to me. if you had a contractor work on your home

I don't give them a copy of my policy, however, if lender have a request that I provide written info on my E & O-name and policy number, then I do give that info.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 2/20/13 2:53pm
Msg #456699

If they do not hire me directly I do not provide it. n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 2/20/13 8:03pm
Msg #456753

Many cos. won't hire unless you have E&O. It's an industry

standard, and many cos. request a copy of my Notary Commission, BCG, & E&O insurance. I don't see why I'd have a problem in supplying that info. I'm in business, and those are essential credentials.

Reply by BBuchler/CA on 2/20/13 8:13pm
Msg #456757

Re: Many cos. won't hire unless you have E&O. It's an industry

I'm with you on this.

If you hire a contractor, you check out their license, and call references. Why does anyone think it should be any different in the notary world.

Had a GNW client call yesterday. We worked out a deal, then she called me back. She had checked my information on the SOS site and wanted to confirm my address and was I that person. I happily told her yes, twas me. Did it bother me - not a bit.

I'm a public servant - my information as a notary is public record. You want to know if I have been checked and insured. No problem. Just like I check you out in Signing Central. Quid pro quo.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 2/20/13 8:47pm
Msg #456770

Does everyone send their E&O back w/ every loan pkg? Not

Just the individual SS?

Reply by MW/VA on 2/20/13 9:09pm
Msg #456774

I only supply it when requested, and get emails from

several cos. every year, wanting to update my info. & E&O renewal.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.