Notary Rotary
FATCO
Notary Discussion History

FATCO
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by TacomaBoy on 2/27/13 1:13pm
Msg #458183

FATCO

Anyone else having payment issues with their local FATCO branch? Dunno if it's systemic or just a single branch, but the winds of change with respect to FATCO are disturbing to me.

Reply by Jessica/FL on 2/27/13 1:36pm
Msg #458192

Not at all. I welcome all of FATCO assignments. I get paid within a few days of signing. I also have gotten payment before the RTC is up. I love FATCO!

Reply by HisHughness on 2/27/13 1:39pm
Msg #458195

I would not hold out high hopes for the future of any company with the acronym "FATCO." Especially would that be so if the company did not have better sense than to identify itself by the acronym. You have to wonder what they would do if they were the Superior Home & Interregional Title Co.

Reply by Jessica/FL on 2/27/13 1:47pm
Msg #458200

I must say, they do not pay me what is in a few messages above. They meet my fees, but do not contact me as often as I would like. I guess they get the XX offers they want before meeting my XXX.

Reply by TacomaBoy on 2/27/13 2:28pm
Msg #458208

FATCO

This is probably an isolated situation caused by an administrative foul-up of some sort. The signing order came from the FATCO "Title" Office located in this area.

You're correct Hugh about the FATCO name. Since the escrow industry is dominated by women, FATCO is a heavy burden for the employees to manage. I enjoy picking on the girls when I visit FATCO offices. ;>)

Reply by Barb25 on 2/27/13 3:41pm
Msg #458229

ROFL. You are so funny.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 2/27/13 2:49pm
Msg #458211

It is very rare I get a call from FAM (FATCO) as they prefer

to call it. It is still FATCO to us though isn't it.

It is my understanding the vast majority of their assignments come through ASS.

Is that correct?

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 2/27/13 6:14pm
Msg #458285

Re: It is very rare I get a call from FAM (FATCO) as they prefer

First American Title has a division called "Lenders Advantage." First American's parent company First American Financial, encourages their escrow officers to use the Lenders Advantage (LA) processing and escrow services for refinances. The fees are deeply discounted resulting in lowball fees from FASS. Any escrows opened with LA will have their signings handled by FASS.

Most of the escrow officers we work with at First American offices have an intense disliking of FASS due to the poor quality of NSAs being used, so they try to not let their clients open escrows with LA and handle the escrow in their own office and pick their own preferred signing sources. We are on the First American "Preferred Provider" list we get lots of orders from them; about 1,500 in 2012.

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 2/27/13 6:33pm
Msg #458291

Re: It is very rare I get a call from FAM (FATCO) as they prefer

Not all Lenders Advantage assignments go to FASS, obviously.

In Walnut Creek, CA the signing service Notaries Express is situation in the same office building as the regional Lenders Express offices, so they get a lot of those low fee signings, which might mean why Steve's company (yes we know each other and cross paths at escrow officer functions) has some signings on the cheap.

I know Steve gets some low ratings in SC, but I find him and his key person Svetlana to be very pleasant and professional business people. I cannot speak to how they deal with signing agents.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 2/27/13 2:49pm
Msg #458212

Ooooops, FASS. :o) n/m

Reply by TacomaBoy on 2/27/13 3:46pm
Msg #458234

Ooooops, FASS. :o)

Toooo Funny! Are you referring to the "White Glove" exam FATCO likes to give to all of us?

Reply by FormerEO on 2/27/13 5:46pm
Msg #458273

First American Title (not to be confused with their wholly owned subsidiary FASS) is the fastest payer out there. Most of the time they will not issue a check until the transaction has closed. I ought to know. I spent 16 years with them as one of their VPs and senior escrow officers.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.