Notary Rotary
Fed Ex WOW just ran a comparison of the pak next to envelope
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 2/15/13 9:19pm
Msg #456118

and the envelope is significantly less with the same weight until you get to 2 day and super saver which are the same, but that was for me. I wonder if those with large accounts see this dramatic difference just because of the packaging they are put in.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 2/15/13 9:41pm
Msg #456121

could you clarify please? fedex here says anything over .5lb

will be charged at pak rate even if you put it in an envelope. it's evaluated at the hub and re-classified. no doubt done differently in different parts of the country. I had them change the class on a letter that had one single page in it to a pak at 2 lbs! fortunately I caught it and they changed it!

Reply by CarolF/NC on 2/15/13 9:48pm
Msg #456123

actually I cannot clarify. because I'm lost on this

shipping stuff. But you are most likely correct. I ran it at .5 lb and it won't even let you run the envelope rate at greater than .5, but .5 and under the envelope is signifcantly cheaper. I guess I should have put the weight in my first post. So I guess a few pages use the envelope, larger pick whichever you want to use.

Reply by desktopfull on 2/16/13 7:24pm
Msg #456227

What difference does it make, you're not paying the tab.

Your only concern should be that they can't flip the bill back at you.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 2/16/13 12:42am
Msg #456135

If you're talking about doc packages, it's really hard to say because the ones of any significant size generally have a contracted price because of the volume they do. Some of the larger co's can get very significant discounts and standard rate for packages of varying sizes weight and type of container. It can make you crazy trying to figure it all out!

Reply by CarolF/NC on 2/16/13 2:45pm
Msg #456195

Thank you Janet! n/m

Reply by BrotherOwner on 2/16/13 4:28pm
Msg #456205

Re: I don't know why this is causing so much concern

It is not your account that is being charged. I put everything in a legal manila folder, inside a cardboard legal size Fedx/UPS, with the acct# I've been given. If provided a pack or other instructions, I follow them. 99.9% goes back in cardboard. They pay the freight based on any volume discounts they have negotiated. It may or may not matter what the container is, what it is re-rated to in transit, or what time of the month it is. The larger companies get major discounts for volume. It's not an issue to worry about.

Reply by Kenny Services - Dawn on 2/17/13 9:58am
Msg #456249

Personally since I don't pay the shipping fees, it doesn't matter to me what it cost, and as long as it cant come back to me..i am all good.
Now, UPS would be a problem since they want your acct number as well as the recipient who is going to pay, if you print a label with someone else acct #.

I flat out tell my clients to please provide the label. I don't print it.

Reply by jba/fl on 2/17/13 10:11am
Msg #456250

"I flat out tell my clients to please provide the label."

I really see it coming down to either print online or forget it. I do not do online, they must provide. Too much flack from FedEx/UPS with hand written labels anymore.....just not worth it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.